Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
CPU
i5 750 2,66GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GF 8400GS 512MB
Hi guys,
I'm getting this strange (to me) behaviour with my Sapphire RADEON 4670 512mb graphic card. My hardware config is in the signature.

I am able to install Snow Leopard (iBoot + retail DVD) and after upgrading to 10.6.3 my graphic card is fully working (QE/CI enabled, only vga) even without applying any patch. This happens the first time I reboot after applying the combo update. As soon as I boot for the second time I get a black screen (both vga and dvi).

At this point, if I boot in safe mode, apply Multibeast fixes (for details see below) and restart I get again a fully working and recognized graphic card (as before), BUT as soon as I reboot another time I get a black screen (vga/dvi).

Any idea how to solve this problem? I think I am only a little step from getting my video card working, but I can't explain why it works only "one shot" after update/applying patches.

For details and exact steps I'm following, read below:

1) boot using iBoot ATI cdrom --> insert Snow Leopard 10.6.2 retail dvd, press F5, type -x to install in safe mode --> complete setup routine - restart
2) Boot another time from iBoot cdrom, selecting Snow Leopard hard drive, typing -x to get into Snow Leopard (otherwise i get white pixelated blocks on black background)
3) apply combo update 10.6.3 v1.1 -->restart
4) boot from iBoot cdrom, select Snow Leopard hard drive, normal boot---> voilà! graphic card is working, 1920x1200dpi, QE/CI working.
5) shutdown PC. Repeat step 4) --->BLACK SCREEN (vga/dvi, no signal, monitor going to sleep)
6)repeat step 4) but booting in safe mode, run Multibeast 2.0 with this options:
Uder DSDT (with DSDT.aml on my desktop), rebuild cache/permission, ALC 887/ALC888b, JMicron 36xSATA, realtek R1000SL, chameleon, 64bit verbose com.apple.boot.plist, and intel i5 smbios.plist, RESTART
7) boot with chameleon (normal mode) ---> voilà! graphic card is working again.
8) shutdown PC. Repeat step 7) --> BLACK SCREEN (no signal vga/dvi) :eek:

Any help would be much appreciated! I would be glad to add my config to the "WORKING" section of the WIKI. :beachball:

18 views and still no reply? Feel free to post even if you don't have a solution, but just some suggestions that are worth a try. Consider that I'm a total newbie to the hackinstosh world, so I could miss steps/settings/workarounds that are trivial for you.
Thx

In the meantime I'd like to try PC-EFI instead of Chameleon to boot my system up. Now that I have Chameleon installed, will it be sufficient to select PC-EFI option from Multibeast or should I remove Chameleon first?

javabean said:
Hi guys,
I'm getting this strange (to me) behaviour with my Sapphire RADEON 4670 512mb graphic card. My hardware config is in the signature.

I am able to install Snow Leopard (iBoot + retail DVD) and after upgrading to 10.6.3 my graphic card is fully working (QE/CI enabled, only vga) even without applying any patch. This happens the first time I reboot after applying the combo update. As soon as I boot for the second time I get a black screen (both vga and dvi).

At this point, if I boot in safe mode, apply Multibeast fixes (for details see below) and restart I get again a fully working and recognized graphic card (as before), BUT as soon as I reboot another time I get a black screen (vga/dvi).

Any idea how to solve this problem? I think I am only a little step from getting my video card working, but I can't explain why it works only "one shot" after update/applying patches.

For details and exact steps I'm following, read below:

1) boot using iBoot ATI cdrom --> insert Snow Leopard 10.6.2 retail dvd, press F5, type -x to install in safe mode --> complete setup routine - restart
2) Boot another time from iBoot cdrom, selecting Snow Leopard hard drive, typing -x to get into Snow Leopard (otherwise i get white pixelated blocks on black background)
3) apply combo update 10.6.3 v1.1 -->restart
4) boot from iBoot cdrom, select Snow Leopard hard drive, normal boot---> voilà! graphic card is working, 1920x1200dpi, QE/CI working.
5) shutdown PC. Repeat step 4) --->BLACK SCREEN (vga/dvi, no signal, monitor going to sleep)
6)repeat step 4) but booting in safe mode, run Multibeast 2.0 with this options:
Uder DSDT (with DSDT.aml on my desktop), rebuild cache/permission, ALC 887/ALC888b, JMicron 36xSATA, realtek R1000SL, chameleon, 64bit verbose com.apple.boot.plist, and intel i5 smbios.plist, RESTART
7) boot with chameleon (normal mode) ---> voilà! graphic card is working again.
8) shutdown PC. Repeat step 7) --> BLACK SCREEN (no signal vga/dvi) :eek:

Any help would be much appreciated! I would be glad to add my config to the "WORKING" section of the WIKI. :beachball:
You need to install ATY_init from MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back