Gt610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Installed Yosemite and after a lot of playing around (very non tech noob) I got it to work not just in safe mode by installing these two Kext AMD7000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext I didnt modify them as I dont know how to, so are as I got them.
It now boots to desktop not in safe mode :) But looks like it has no acceleration, very laggy screen, no transparency etc. I have seen and asked on another thread, where someone was modifying the kext file for the specific card. To enable QE/CI (not sure what that means) , I have read many answers that require you to modify the text etc, but I am unable to do this at present (but hope to learn one day).

Below is my card ID, could someone please edit the 2 kexts to work with my card please and if they could explain what they did (if not too long) that would be even better. :)

Thanks

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 270X
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 6 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6810
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

Hi,

Installed Yosemite and after a lot of playing around (very non tech noob) I got it to work not just in safe mode by installing these two Kext AMD7000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext I didnt modify them as I dont know how to, so are as I got them.
It now boots to desktop not in safe mode :) But looks like it has no acceleration, very laggy screen, no transparency etc. I have seen and asked on another thread, where someone was modifying the kext file for the specific card.
To enable QE/CI (not sure what that means) , I have read many answers that require you to modify the text etc, but I am unable to do this at present (but hope to learn one day).

Below is my card ID, could someone please edit the 2 kexts to work with my card please and if they could explain what they did (if not too long) that would be even better. :)

Thanks

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 270X
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 6 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6810
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

QE/CI are Graphic accelerations [Quartz Extreme and Core Image] of some Selected graphic cards with proper kexts that enable them to create some neat visual effects or illusions on the screen. If your graphic card is one with QE/CI capability, and is QE/CI activated, then clicking on the Chess piece on Chess in Application can give it the illusion of moving.

Research and find out if your card is one that is capable. If my memory is right ATI Radeon in the 4xxx to 6xxx range may be having them but about your card I am not sure.

Hope you got some starting point to do your research.

QE/CI are Graphic accelerations [Quartz Extreme and Core Image] of some Selected graphic cards with proper kexts that enable them to create some neat visual effects or illusions on the screen. If your graphic card is one with QE/CI capability, and is QE/CI activated, then clicking on the Chess piece on Chess in Application can give it the illusion of moving.

Research and find out if your card is one that is capable. If my memory is right ATI Radeon in the 4xxx to 6xxx range may be having them but about your card I am not sure.

Hope you got some starting point to do your research.

Ah.... I see, thanks for the information, that makes things a bit clearer to what I was trying to do then.

My issue is that the 2 Kext files I installed dont give full acceleration for my card (acts lick it is in safe mode) very laggy etc. There was a thread where a guy was adding information about the ID of the card into the kext file to enable the graphics acceleration (recognise the card). I misread etc and thought it was the QE/CI that enabled this (now obviously not). So I think I am after having my card ID inserted into the kext files. I have tried to find out how to do this, but it is way beyond my knowledge (as previously shown).

Many Thanks for you reply, I have learnt one more thing today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back