Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I want to install an ATI Radeon 4890 on my Hackintosh (Leopard 10.6.8) but I do not know what I should do or what to follow tutorial.

Re: Ati radeon 4890

Download qe/ci exotic patch from netkas.org . If you are using chameleon you also need ATI 48xx Device Injector from multibeast. If running Chimera then all you need is exotic patch.
Always GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Have used my 4890 since 10.6.3 Weary stable. Good for gaming things like EVE and Bioshock. Nothing ever crahes, at least for me.

Re: Ati/his radeon 4890 (i give 20 dollars if it's work)

I did that you have written but it doesnt work. i have a his radeon 4890. What must i do ? PLEASE HELP ME !!!

Re: Ati/his radeon 4890 (i give 20 dollars if it works)

What have you tried? Have you booted lion? So you are sure its graphics related? Only edicts i have done to Lion / boot loader is run the qe_ci exotic patch + GraphicsEnabler Yes.
If you have the latest chimera from multi best 4.0.2 + exotic patch for 10.7.0 or 10.7.1, "note that there is an dedicated patch for each version of os x" + GE Yes. Then thats what worked for me..
You might want to try to install the ATI 48xx Device injector even if you have chimera, but i could not boot with it after upgrading to chimera.

PS.
Forum rule

» 9. No Solicitation.
No soliciting or petitioning of members for paid help or donations. This is not a paid help desk. The only area for sales or trades is in the Marketplace and subject to the rules posted there.

I have snow leopard and not lion. I have boot with chimera 1.5 with graphics enabler yes and qe_ci exotic patch 10.6.8 .

It's works. But my mouse lag (freeze), only on monitor, starcraft 2 is not compatible and my card is detected as a hd 4800 serie

Try adding the ATI 48xx Device Injector from Multibeast. Might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back