Contribute
Register

Ati HD6770m 6740:1002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Micky1979 said:
lancealot said:
I feel as though I've made some progress. Right now I have the ATI Framebuffer and drivers loading and recognizing the card. To get this, I used my extracted BIOS in addition to my DSDT.aml which was modified to get the HD3000 framebuffer to load.
The only way to get the ROM to load is to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot flags. I'm trying different combinations of Ati Ports and Ati Config framebuffers but I really need to know if graphics switching is worth pursuing ... or if anyone has been able to get it to work on a hackintosh. If not, then we'll need to disable the HD3000 in software.

Here's a screen of my ioreg with all of the connections.
It is precisely the problem: bypass HD3000!
We tried to eliminate his injection from Chimera, but also eliminating it, the system know that there is an integrated card.
....but if the framebuffer is loaded, then it works?
please, run this in terminal and post it:

ioreg | grep ATY

Then you could explain if "Hydrilla" framebuffer comes from your dsdt if you have injected this under PEGP, or in AtiConfig?

| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d9, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1485 ms), retain 7>

Hydrilla is from my DSDT. I think I'll start with a default DSDT and rebuild from scratch.. lot of modifications.

Cheers

lancealot said:
Micky1979 said:
lancealot said:
I feel as though I've made some progress. Right now I have the ATI Framebuffer and drivers loading and recognizing the card. To get this, I used my extracted BIOS in addition to my DSDT.aml which was modified to get the HD3000 framebuffer to load.
The only way to get the ROM to load is to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot flags. I'm trying different combinations of Ati Ports and Ati Config framebuffers but I really need to know if graphics switching is worth pursuing ... or if anyone has been able to get it to work on a hackintosh. If not, then we'll need to disable the HD3000 in software.

It is precisely the problem: bypass HD3000!
We tried to eliminate his injection from Chimera, but also eliminating it, the system know that there is an integrated card.
....but if the framebuffer is loaded, then it works?
please, run this in terminal and post it:

ioreg | grep ATY

Then you could explain if "Hydrilla" framebuffer comes from your dsdt if you have injected this under PEGP, or in AtiConfig?

| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d9, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1485 ms), retain 7>

Hydrilla is from my DSDT. I think I'll start with a default DSDT and rebuild from scratch.. lot of modifications.

Cheers
signs of life on Mars :eek: ,

nothing has changed in System Profiler?

...we just want an opinion from a very competent person....(tonymac can you ear me? :wave: )

I'm making some headway here. Great progress indeed. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

Looks like I'm able to inject a framebuffer of my choosing now using the Ati Graphics enabler.

I've reverted to my stock DSDT which I originally captured on a vanilla install / Ubuntu. I then added the Dual link patch to my DSDT for the HD3000. No other changes were made.
I then used my captured/extracted ATI ROM and loaded it at boot with Chameleon (GE=Yes).

The ATI card allows me to output to VGA (which I don't have) and allows me to mirror to my laptop display (GREAT NEWS!) so now all I need to do is figure out how to get QE/CI which shouldn't be too much more work.

I imagine the only work left is to figure out which framebuffer works which is a matter of trial and error.
I may also try to remove the ATISupport.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext as a test which I found worked for some other individuals in a similar situation as ours.

All in all. I think we're 95% of the way there. I'll update the thread as soon as I have more news.

Micky1979, how far along are you with this? Let me know if you guys need a lift getting up to this point.

Cheers

Attachments

• ATI Framebuffer.tiff
    960.3 KB · Views: 381
lancealot said:

That's great, I would suggest trying without a dsdt and maybe consider trying mac mini smbios (does not run hd3000 natively) and see if that works.

lancealot said:
I'm making some headway here. Great progress indeed. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

Looks like I'm able to inject a framebuffer of my choosing now using the Ati Graphics enabler.

I've reverted to my stock DSDT which I originally captured on a vanilla install / Ubuntu. I then added the Dual link patch to my DSDT for the HD3000. No other changes were made.
I then used my captured/extracted ATI ROM and loaded it at boot with Chameleon (GE=Yes).

The ATI card allows me to output to VGA (which I don't have) and allows me to mirror to my laptop display (GREAT NEWS!) so now all I need to do is figure out how to get QE/CI which shouldn't be too much more work.

I imagine the only work left is to figure out which framebuffer works which is a matter of trial and error.
I may also try to remove the ATISupport.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext as a test which I found worked for some other individuals in a similar situation as ours.

All in all. I think we're 95% of the way there. I'll update the thread as soon as I have more news.

Micky1979, how far along are you with this? Let me know if you guys need a lift getting up to this point.

Cheers
the display is connected, Discrete video card work!

You can also post a video benchmark?
now you have to change the connectors in ATI6000Controller.kext?

....................I'm miles away from my Hackintosh for work, now I'm on my girlfriend's Macbook Air, but I'm impatient :headbang:

I was disheartened and didn't actually try all 4 of the roms I found but after reading Lancelot's post I decided to try rom 3:
RESULT!!!
6470m now shows connected display as vga though nothing is displayed on the screen.
Code:
Christophers-Mac-Pro:~ christopherdewitt$ ioreg | grep ATY  
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Ipomoea@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002ca, registered, ma$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Ipomoea@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002cb, registered, ma$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Ipomoea@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002cc, registered, ma$
I injected ipomoea using aticonfig as without it on the other roms nothing happened without injecting a framebuffer, I will try using the standard framebuffer shortly.

Attachments

• 6470.tiff
    107.5 KB · Views: 345
  • 6470m.tiff
    359.2 KB · Views: 315
Micky1979 said:
lancealot said:

Cheers

....................I'm miles away from my Hackintosh for work, now I'm on my girlfriend's Macbook Air, but I'm impatient :headbang:

I did a quick bench however the FB is running without acceleration.. the HD3000 runs 10x faster so like I said, there's still work to be done.
I believe your right in that the connectors will need to be modified. I tried outputting with the HDMI connector and the screen was garbled - it may have thought I was outputting to a VGA or CRT. I've read around that these modifications are rather easy and produce positive results.

I'll post updates if I can find the time to work on this more today.

Cheers

lancealot said:
Micky1979 said:
lancealot said:

Cheers

I did a quick bench however the FB is running without acceleration.. the HD3000 runs 10x faster so like I said, there's still work to be done.
I believe your right in that the connectors will need to be modified. I tried outputting with the HDMI connector and the screen was garbled - it may have thought I was outputting to a VGA or CRT. I've read around that these modifications are rather easy and produce positive results.

I'll post updates if I can find the time to work on this more today.

Cheers
Thanks for your information, if I get home tonight to a decent hour, I will immediately new test :D

I'm a little confused, Have you managed to get your ati card connected and it shows up in system profile as mine did on my previous post Micky1979?

I have tried all the ati6000 controller framebuffers and only 2 result with vga connection in system profiler though I get no output at all.

I don't know where to go from here really, i'm fairly sure i'm using the correct rom although 1 is still untested.

@Lancelot as you seem to be closest to making this work properly could you please explain what you have done so far to get an output on vga so that others can incorporate your work into their efforts please?
e.g.
Kext modifications (if any)
Dsdt modifications (if any) I know in the probook 6470m project one member added some dsdt edits for the ati card though it wasn't explained very well. http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=229642#p229642

Hopefully between all of us we can find a solution to making our cards work and maybe the method will be same between our systems as they're both HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back