Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i had this card since yosemite i bought it becouse it work natevly on yosemite to my suprize in el capitan i get stuck in a white screen
is there a work around to make it work or do i have to buy another video card like gforce
thanks
ps: i have the kext working perfectly on yosemite dual monitor audio thru hdmi

yes i could find a solution
any suggestions

Make sure FakeSMC is loading. If you did an upgrade, make sure you're loading a current FakeSMC and not the one you installed when you installed Yosemite.

I don't know a whole lot about Radeon cards in OS X, but do you have inject AMD = true in your config.plist?

Make sure FakeSMC is loading. If you did an upgrade, make sure you're loading a current FakeSMC and not the one you installed when you installed Yosemite.

I don't know a whole lot about Radeon cards in OS X, but do you have inject AMD = true in your config.plist?

I am building a CustoMac for a friend, and he's got the same card. I have injected AMD = true, but no success. I got black screen, and my system sees the screen, and recognises it, but I see noting on it... So any suggestions??:banghead:

I am building a CustoMac for a friend, and he's got the same card. I have injected AMD = true, but no success. I got black screen, and my system sees the screen, and recognises it, but I see noting on it... So any suggestions??:banghead:

I had another ATI card, not the same, the HD4650. To get that one running I had to connect 2 monitors (with 1 monitor the screen was black during setup), and change primary screen to my standard DVI connected monitor. Every time I started the computer I had to physically unplug/replug the monitor for OSX to understand it. The long term solution was to make a desktop hot corner shut down the display so after boot I moved the pointer to top right, then moved it away, and the display would fire up. This was Yosemite btw, I guess Capitan could make things even more difficult for kext patching and stuff. Can't remember if I injected ATI, in Mountain Lion and earlier with chimera I had to edit the kexts to add my cards id.

Not saying this will work for you, and I can't recommend adding/removing cables from a running computer, but graphics cards are irrational. Too much trouble for me, bought a cheap used ATI 6670 which works fine it seems.

I use the same graphics card Vendor ID 0x1002 Device ID 0x6779 on a Yosemite hack. My config file has GraphicsEnabler=Yes, so in clover it would require ATI=true. I have not set the ATI framebuffer, which is I believe the cause of the card being recognised as HD6XXX. This usually happens when the default framebuffer is used.

I tried a number of the ATI framebuffers with this card but never got a better result than when using the default one. I think AtiConfig=Pithecia with AtiPorts=3 was the closest I came to getting this card to be fully recognised.

I believe that while the card works OOB in OS X it is not one that apple ever installed/used, so the card probably needs a customised framebuffer to work and be recognised as a HD6450.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back