1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey there,

Does anyone know if the workaround that worked on 10.6.8 still work on Lion to get displayport and HDMI working again on that card ????

Thanks

I'm having the same issue here. When I move windows around I get a very quick screen freak out - like white noise that flashes the entire screen but only for a split second.

I'm having the same issue here. Use with Dell U2711.

please help. thank in advance. :beachball:

Which workaround?

Sorry for newbness but I just spent $2000 on a Mac Pro with XFX Ati Radeon HD 5870 to work with my 24" Cinema Display and it wont work. Totally gutted right now and furious a card with Displayport out wont output DisplayPort!

Which workaround?

Sorry for newbness but I just spent $2000 on a Mac Pro with XFX Ati Radeon HD 5870 to work with my 24" Cinema Display and it wont work. Totally gutted right now and furious a card with Displayport out wont output DisplayPort!

eyeris10 said:
Hey there,

Does anyone know if the workaround that worked on 10.6.8 still work on Lion to get displayport and HDMI working again on that card ????

Thanks

I don't know for the rest of you , but in eyeris10's case, my xfx 5870 did not have DP working after Lion was installed, only DVI. This was solved by dropping 10.6.7's version of the ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext, and ATISupport.kext onto my Lion desktop and using kextbeast to copy them into S/L/E. I was then able to get DP back. I use one monitor btw, hope this helps!

I was using the 10.6.7 kexts trick for my system -- 5770 single slot (mini DP) w/ ACD 27.

Then someone showed me a better way, which may or may not work with the 5870: Use all the Lion kexts (better performance), but edit (in S/L/E) the ATI5000Controller kext. All I had to do was change Langur (in one of the kext's content files; look for the 5770/ACD thread here) to vervet. If this is going to work, I imagine it's a different framebuffer for the 5870, but the overall idea may be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back