Contribute
Register

Ati HD 4650- Going crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm just glad I'm not doing :banghead: anymore. Still though that nagging question remains...I'm not complaining, like you said, it works! But there's that bit of geek in me trying to find the technical answer.

Oh yeah my monitor is a ViewSonic VX2433WM 24" 1080p. :think: I'll figure it out eventually.

Hey :)

@kushninja could you please upload your edited kets, that would be great :D

thanks

Hope you like. ;)

Attachments

• ATIRadeonX2000.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • ATI4600Controller.kext.zip
    607.4 KB · Views: 113
Thanks kushinja :)

Does someone know the bug that the system dont start?

Loaded HFS+ file: System Library CoreServices SystemVersion.plist 479 bytes from 4252b80

And then nothing happens ... I dont know why ... I have done everything .. I make a repair disk permissan and many things..

But it comes everytime , when I try to boot -.- Please need help , i dont wanna install everything again.

Thanks

Hi, thank you so much for posting this solution - I haven't tried it yet but plan to in just a moment! I just wanted to ask a question - I have a monitor with VGA and DVI outputs. Could you recommend a cable / adapter combination to get it to work, or do I need to buy a HDMI monitor (eek =\)? I actually use the VGA input for my Xbox and the DVI for my PC and so both inputs to the monitor are in use, but if you have any tips on what to do with these (and if I need to buy an adapter etc.) I'd be very grateful!

Thanks for posting this solution; it's people like you who keep the hope for Radeon owners alive =D

Safira-San said:
Hi, thank you so much for posting this solution - I haven't tried it yet but plan to in just a moment! I just wanted to ask a question - I have a monitor with VGA and DVI outputs. Could you recommend a cable / adapter combination to get it to work, or do I need to buy a HDMI monitor (eek =\)? I actually use the VGA input for my Xbox and the DVI for my PC and so both inputs to the monitor are in use, but if you have any tips on what to do with these (and if I need to buy an adapter etc.) I'd be very grateful!

Thanks for posting this solution; it's people like you who keep the hope for Radeon owners alive =D

You know, it's worth a shot if you try to connect 1 DVI cable and 1 DVI to VGA adapter and VGA cable to the monitor and see how that goes. Would suck to have to swap cables for Xbox and whatnot but if it works then that's a small price to pay (compared to buying a new video card).

Always glad to help a fellow Radeon user. I was faced with having to buy an NVIDA card to have a working OS X install, but after messing around for a month and getting it to work...I'm so glad I stuck with ATI. I figured with all the trouble I had to get my card working the least I could do was help others with similar cards get theirs working. Maybe save them some trouble and valuable time that I've already lost. :)

Good luck, and let me know how it goes for you.

Well, it's working :D It was pretty lucky I guess, because I borrowed a HDMI lead and a HDMI -> DVI adapter from a friend and plugged that from HDMI graphics card out to DVI monitor in, and then plugged graphics card DVI out to monitor VGA in with another adapter, and that didn't work - after modifying the kexts I booted and got a flicker and then a black screen - so I buttoned it off and decided to try putting the DVI to VGA adapter at the other end of the cable, but it was the wrong gender, so I just left it. Then I booted again, and this time it worked :D

So, my set up is: HDMI cable out from graphics card to DVI in on the monitor via an adapter, and the DVI cable out from graphics card to nowhere :p But I'll leave it there just in case xD But it's great that I only have to use one monitor port, because I can still have my Xbox connected via VGA :thumbup:

I hadn't quite realised how much sexier the whole OSX interface is with a proper resolution and fell acceleration xD And I have managed to install the program that I needed to, so all is good.

The only problem I do have is that when the display goes to sleep automatically (I.e. Monitor standby) it doesn't wake up :? But I guess that's a DSDT/ACPI power state thing to be fixed?

Thanks again - I had nearly lost hope for getting this Hac working; I've been trying to enable graphics for three months - and now it works like a charm ^_^

Well, I have tried using the kext's that were mentioned here (and I have seen the same modifications to the files elsewhere), but I am still not having any luck. All I get now is a messed up screen where it looks like it was trying to refresh or something and has static along the bottom and gray with stuff on it at the top and the middle is black. This is on my HDMI connection. When I switch over to the VGA connection, it is just the standard gray Apple logo screen with a smear across the middle of it. I don't really know what is going on, but this is really aggravating me. The 10x7 resolution isn't much better either. Anyone got any ideas on why I am seeing what I am seeing? Thanks!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back