Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 6300
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 570
Hi guys.

I still "survive" with my old "HP Compaq 6300 pro microtower" and an i7 processor, with a "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti D5 4G GV-N105TD5-4GD" graphics card, but I'm "stucked" with an old version of MacOS, due to unavailability of nVidia web drivers for newer version of MacOS, so it's time to change to ATI graphics card.

Could anyone recommend me an ATI graphics card, with about the same performace like 1050Ti, that works on HP Compaq 6300? The intention is to install Mojave (I'd rather not have to install Catalina, at the moment).

Thank you in advance.

There is no new ATI card at all. If you want a card with the similar performance for Metal, choose AMD RX 570, RX 580 or RX 5500 XT.

Thank you Busycat.

But I'm not looking for a "new" ATI catd; i'm looking for a similar performance ATI card like "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti D5 4G GV-N105TD5-4GD" than can be used in a "HP Compaq 6300 pro microtower" and all mentioned ATI cards are -apparently- big.

Thank you Busycat.

But I'm not looking for a "new" ATI catd; i'm looking for a similar performance ATI card like "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti D5 4G GV-N105TD5-4GD" than can be used in a "HP Compaq 6300 pro microtower" and all mentioned ATI cards are -apparently- big.
They’re not ATI. The brand is no more.

This is for ITX.

Hi Busycat.

You're right. AMD is the correct brand. MAybe I'm getting too old... :)

I've found this one at Amazon.es: https://www.amazon.es/dp/B088Q2MD1N/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

This is the good one, right? It should be "plug and play" with Mojave, right?

Apparently, this graphics card is too much better that 1050Ti (and much more expensive). Could you recommend me another one?

Thank you!

Hi.

I've read that RX 5500 XT does not work with Mojave, so it´s automatically discarded.

Instead of that one, RX570 should be fine (as I've read, it little bit better than 1050Ti).

Is this one OK?: https://www.amazon.es/dp/B078SPWYFL/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

So, is there something "special" to do to make ir work with Mojave?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Use the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts and it will work. DP is preferred output option. HDMI can be problematic.

Hi.

I've read that RX 5500 XT does not work with Mojave, so it´s automatically discarded.

Instead of that one, RX570 should be fine (as I've read, it little bit better than 1050Ti).

Is this one OK?: https://www.amazon.es/dp/B078SPWYFL/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

Thank you!
Most of RX 570 cards should be fine. Just pick up a quality one with the good warranty. Sapphire cards, however, are not my choices as the warranty is very bad here.

Hi.

Is there other graphic card (equal or beter) that could be used in this machine. RX 570 costs 300€ at Amazon.es and I no have intention to spend that amount of money only in a graphics card.

Thank you and best regards.

Hi.

Is there other graphic card (equal or beter) that could be used in this machine. RX 570 costs 300€ at Amazon.es and I no have intention to spend that amount of money only in a graphics card.

Thank you and best regards.
If budget is a restriction find a used RX 460 or RX 560 in good condition. Just avoid the XFX branded versions as the vBIOS is not compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back