Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody,

I upgrade my graphics card to a sapphire 6850 two months ago, and I realized that every time that my hack went to supend and wake, the graphic performance decreased in half.

Cinebench after power on 32 fps. After supend and wake, 14 fps.

I found out that my SMC definition was powermac 3,1. This hackintosh thing is so good that even the bugs work the same as in a real mac pro.

Solution for me was to change the smc definition to imac 11,3. Cinebench stays at 32 fps everytime.

cheers,
Luis

I'm experiencing the exact same problem could you describe how you fixed it with a little step by step guide ?
(I have i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UD5H, HD6870)

Thank you very much !

EDIT : Nevermind, done it with ChampList.

In case wonders how to do it :
- download champlist (google it)
- go to smbios in champlist
- select the model you want (I chose imac 12,2)
- Save

Cool. didn't know about champlist. I use "Chameleon Wizard".

With Chameleon Wizard,

- download (google)
- click on the smbios icon
- click on edit
- select the imac model more adequate for your hardware (my case was 1156 imac model).

I'm experiencing the exact same problem could you describe how you fixed it with a little step by step guide ?
(I have i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UD5H, HD6870)

Thank you very much !

EDIT : Nevermind, done it with ChampList.

In case wonders how to do it :
- download champlist (google it)
- go to smbios in champlist
- select the model you want (I chose imac 12,2)
- Save

I have no idea what champlist did, but now my system keeps rebooting! Like in 10.7.3 before bridgehelper...

Where does champlist save? That program has NO documentation!

Wow, that was scary. Apparently the OS does NOT like a MacPro 5,1 system definition!

Well, technically you should be choosing the SMBios that matches closely to your system. Not just choosing any one of them willy nilly. Hahaha

So I guess that would be one of the new Macbook Pros... would that cause a problem with the graphics card?

X58A-UD3R 2.0, 6870 Graphics card, I7 960

I have this issue & haven't been able to resolve it, everything was fine with lion 10.7.3 but ever since I installed Mountain Lion on a different hard drive my system is sluggish after sleep, even did a clean install of Mountain lion on a new SSD & had the same problem there. Currently I have MacPro3,1 in SMBios.plist but I am not sure what other definitions I should try...any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back