the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
guys i ve got an ati his 6770 and a motherboard sabertooth p67 does anybody know how to make it working properly on snow leopard?

short answer = find an apple logo and stick on it and assume it works.
long answer = Did you bother read and check the forum at all?
Start with the basic by reading IBOOT + MUTLIBEAST, then search the forum for similar hardware.

of course i did read forums but nobody seem to have a straight answer, and out there its an ocean of informations besides i just got here, after a long while trying and retrying I manage to finally boot with iboot cd and install snow leopard, following the guide i got until the upgrading to 10.6.8 that did nt work the system just freeze and tells to restart, i m just trying all over again... to install but... why can't i get it working? i mean the ati 6770 its on the new iMac at least the mobile model...!! about the audio i don't think its a big deal cos i m pretty sure the realtek its supported by multi beast..

Here are the typical steps for setting UP Snow Leopard.

Procedure:
a) -Iboot + Multibeast for 10.6.3 (You get welcome video after this successfully installed)
b) -Update Helper (This step MUST BE done for all Sandy Bridge platform)
c) -Reboot
d) -Combo update 10.6.8 (DO NOT reboot when ask)
e) -Run multbeast and select option per hardware spec.
-If there's no DSDT for your board, then just select EasyBeast
f) -Reboot.

If you search, you would come across this post.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16250

Update of the situation following:
1.installed snow leopard updated to 10.6.8 successfully
ISSUES:
1.Graphic Card not recognized
2.Bus speed shows only 400mhz *(how s that possible in my mbp i ve got 1067 and supposed to be less powerful)
3.ps2 mouse does nt work (only usb does)
4. network adapter not working

Suggestions??

Updates:
went trough many forum and read all sort of solutions regarding my config, i end up deciding to change my graphic card as the 6770 it looks like its not well supported unless the system thinks it s a 5770 and anyway the ati HIS in general are not so well supported, so i m gonna move to a 6850 sapphire wich it looks like everything should work OOB, i ve also been trying to find DSDT for my sabertooth p67, as right now people seems to install this motherboard with the andy installer for the P8P67 i don't know how much this can be compatible...

BUT i appeal to anyone who reads this message, do you know anywhere where i can find DSDT for my card to make support SNL or Lion natively>??

thanks in advance for the help!

UPDATE PEOPLE:
I SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL MY HACKINTOSH!!!
Snow Leopard 10,6,7
running on a sabertooth P67 (using Andy s boot cd)
I7 2600k
Ati saphire 6850 working OOB except for the HDMI i m gonna do a post about that (i changed my his 6770 it would have been an hassle to get it to work)

everythingelse is perfect geekbench 11923
i am happy and i m putting on this some project that i ve with logic and garage band!!

what would i change??
Well the system works great so nothing!! but it would be nice if somebody would come up with a dedicated dsdt! and it would be nice if i could upgrade to lion!besides that I wanna thank the HACKINTOSH COMUNITY, it helped me a lot in this and i m glad if i can exchange the same help with newcomers in this hackintosh world!!
See you around guys! :headbang:

ergman said:
UPDATE PEOPLE:
I SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL MY HACKINTOSH!!!
Snow Leopard 10,6,7
running on a sabertooth P67 (using Andy s boot cd)
I7 2600k
Ati saphire 6850 working OOB except for the HDMI i m gonna do a post about that (i changed my his 6770 it would have been an hassle to get it to work)

everythingelse is perfect geekbench 11923
i am happy and i m putting on this some project that i ve with logic and garage band!!

what would i change??
Well the system works great so nothing!! but it would be nice if somebody would come up with a dedicated dsdt! and it would be nice if i could upgrade to lion!besides that I wanna thank the HACKINTOSH COMUNITY, it helped me a lot in this and i m glad if i can exchange the same help with newcomers in this hackintosh world!!
See you around guys! :headbang:
Hi, What did you do to get it working, i have the same config as you, but i flashed my hd6770 to hd5770 rom and is working perfect. i also installed correctly audio kexts but when i do a normal boot gives me panics, but when loading from usb it boots perfect. What should i do to get this working I'm getting tired of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back