Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Does anyone know if snow leopard 10.6.8 can support ati radeon 6490m graphics? I have almost installed it but it comes up with unsupported card. Is it possible to turn the ati card off and just use the core-i3 graphics?

right i have loaded just easybeast from 3.9.0 and nothing else. now all i get is "unsupported card" and then it flips to the shutdown screen. i have managed to get a screen shot from the system of what is happening so if someone could help i would really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 177
also at the top of the screen which you cant see it says

[warning] found unsupported chip id=0x8518
w836x: found unsupported chip id=0x85 revision=0x18

is it because the device id for my ati 6490m graphics isnt in the device id list??

i dont know much about that but its a wild guess.

Same issue here but with an HD 6670 card. From the info I read (can't find link) HD graphics are unsupported and discreet graphics are a must. I go through the entire process and then get the unsupported card error text. Not giving up yet though.

Yeah exactly the same for me. There must be a work around for it somehow. I'm just wondering if it's something to do with the device ID not being in the apple boot list or something. Hopefully someone who knows a lot more about it will give us an answer.

Hi,

There is still no solution for the ATI mobility cards 6450m and 6490m. About your problem, after the looking the screen shot, you got a kernel panic because the VoodooPS2. Get an USB mouse and disable voodooPS2 from 10.6.8

Try booting with the options -x -f

so theres no support for these cards at all in 10.6.8? do you know if there supported in lion?

ok thanks, not sure why it panicked on the voodops2 mouse because its never done it before.

i have just noticed that the new macbook pro has the same ati 6490m card that mine has but yet i still cant get 10.6.8 to load. it just comes up with unsupported card all the time. is it because i have hd 2000 graphics and not hd3000?

The reason because macbook work with this card is because they have different connectors (hardware) and also the bios of the graphic card is different than the version in PCs (software). Unless someone comes with a great solution, we are condemned to use VESA mode.

Cheers,
Tachyon

ah right ok, well hopefully someone with a profound knowledge of hacking will find a way to get it on this laptop because im sick of trying now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back