Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone. I'm new to the osx86 scene I just did the iBoot + Multibeast installation and I'm having a few problems. I'm here for some help with the video problem.

I did the install with the iBoot ati 5xxx download and a 10.6.3 retail disc. The installation was seamless and after it was done I installed the 10.6.4 combo update and then ran Multibeast 2.1 (without restarting) using the userDSDT with the DSDT.aml for my P7P55D motherboard. After rebooting my video is still limited to 1024x768.

Here is info from System Profiler for my graphics card:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5870
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6898
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Display Connector:

my system setup is as follows:

Intel Core i7-860
ASUS P7P55D
HIS ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB

Keep in mind I am a complete rookie at this and the reading I've done is limited(yet I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible although it is still somewhat confusing for me)

Thanks in advance!

Welcome i am too a newbie however have learnt a hell of a lot trying to get my build working. It is now working perfectly :) and you shall too.

Please down load this new version of MultiBeast http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3986 it will fix your problems :).

Step 1. Boot with your Iboot CD / DVD and install Snow leopard as normal.
2. Once You are at the desktop install the combo update.
3. Place your DSDT.aml on your desktop and then proceed to install the new version
of multi beast you just downloaded.
4. Select your appropriate options and make sure your go to the Support to ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.10 under the ATI section in the kexts area and also go to the Enablers section and select ATY_init.
5. Make sure you rebuild and set permissions.
6. Go to your extras Folder and find your com.boot.apple.plist, open it with textedit and find the the Graphics Enabler Section and where it says yes please change it to no.

Reboot and all should be well.

Good Luck mate

Thanks a lot!

I followed those instructions and I'm now in full 1080 resolution. It seemed to be great until I installed TF2 and the FPS were dreadfully low.. in the 40's compared to 200+ in windows.

Are there any settings/anything additionally I need to do to unlock the full potential of my card?

chmza said:
Thanks a lot!

I followed those instructions and I'm now in full 1080 resolution. It seemed to be great until I installed TF2 and the FPS were dreadfully low.. in the 40's compared to 200+ in windows.

Are there any settings/anything additionally I need to do to unlock the full potential of my card?

I follwed the Steps from above without Succes with my new 5750, Asus P7P55LX and Core i5 750
Also i tried to install the Driver manually as described in the Hacktivist Guide or in the Youtube Video Guide.

Its a Nightmare.
I can install SL with Iboot Ati5000 without Problems and i can update to 10.6.4 and run Multibeast with the DSDT.aml for my Board (i also tried Easy)

I get a Kernel Panic when i install the Driver all together with ATY_init.
via the new Multibeast .After that i cant boot anymore via HDD or Iboot.

I tried to install the Drivers manually ( with correct Framebuffer Vervet and Device ID edit) over 10 times today and after reboot the Card is shown correct as 5700 Series but only with 256Mb Vram and 1024x768. After installing the other Ati3000 Drivers i get no Video output. I can see that SL is runnung bus without a Picture...I tried all Output Combinations. Iboot -x give KP

Please Help me !?

EDIT
OMG ! Im such a Idiot! IT WORKS NOW!
I made a type in the device ID everytime with one 1 to much
correct is: 0x68be1002 ,but i typed in: 0x68be11002 :lol:

Im glad you both have it working :)

Dont worry i have made so many stupid mistakes to get this going that i wont be one to judge on the small mistake you made lol.

Enjoy Lads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back