Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am running 10.6.6, multibeast 3.3, and 64bit. I know it use to work but it doesn't now. When I launch expose I don't get any ripples when adding widgets. I also got an error the other day saying CI was turned off.

Any ideas? Or point me to a thread would be great appreciated.

Hello,

if you have a 5770 which is not built after the ati reference design (e.g. Sapphire V5770 VAPOR-X or XFX Radeon 5770) then you NEED ATI2000Controller.kext along the ATI3000 ATI5000 and ATYInit.kext. Dont use any Rom and switch Graphics Enabler to ON. Each Kext has to be modified with your dev-id. Be careful, as your devid is 0x68b81002 rather than 0x68B81002 (lower-case b) then it should work in 64 bit with some rather old iboot (i think 648 worked for me with the vapor-X)

cheers
:mrgreen:

in my case the Ati2000Controller.kext was missing and after installing the newest ati patch from here http://netkas.org/?p=592 everything worked fine including QE/CI

You don't need to use silly Framebuffers like AtiConfig=Vervet / Uakari and you MUST not use PCIRoot=1 at boottime, since this 2nd gen cards use the default PCIRoot=0 again. PCIRoot=1 gives you just a working system with a wonderful black screen

So don't use any bootargs besides GraphicsEnabler=ON for this type of card!!

I have the XFX 5770 1GB board. I don't have the ATI2000, 3000 or ATYInit.kext. I DO have have the 5000 and x2000 and x3000 though. I'm not using any ROM switchers and graphics enabler is set to ON since I'm running 64bit. I have NOT modified any kexts with my device ID though.

The only part I lost you was on the installer portion. I see it fixed your issue but I do need it still (since I provided a little more info for you)?

Thanks too.

If you have run the 10.6.6. update or even 10.6.7 then you should have all the kexts that you need. If you are using ATI Experimental Bootloader you should just need GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your boot.plist.

Is it a single or dual slot card?

As far as I know the XFX cards have been heavily tested and the appropriate Framebuffer has been automatically selected by the boot file.

Can you try CMD+Esc and running Front Row - have a navigate around and try running iTunes etc. If Front Row works then you have full QE/CI

Hello!

I do have an XFX ATI HD 5770 (ID 0x68b8) with QE/CI and 4 port working :D on Snow (10.6.7) with original kext, GraphicsEnabler=Yes + boot: Chimera 1.3. But with GraphicsEnabler=No, can't open the OS Interface.

ATI Radeon HD 5770:

Modelo de chipset: ATI Radeon HD 5770
Tipo: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Anchura de canal PCIe: x16
VRAM (total): 1024 MB
Fabricante: ATI (0x1002)
ID del dispositivo: 0x68b8
ID de la revisión: 0x0000
Pantallas:
SyncMaster:
Resolución: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Profundidad de píxel: Color de 32 bits (ARGB8888)
Pantalla principal: Sí
Duplicado: Desactivado
En línea: Sí
Rotación: Compatible
LG TV:
Resolución: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Entrelazado: Sí
Televisor: Sí
Conector de pantalla:
Estado: No hay ninguna pantalla conectada
Conector de pantalla:

On Lion DP2 updated to 11a459e, the image with original kext it's a mess, I can see anything, not black, it seems as can't find the correct framebuffer. But If I do install the 10.6.7 kexts I do have All display ports + correct resolutions as on Snow, BUT NO QE/CI :banghead: . I have use the new bootleader posted on netkas site.

Any clue hot to make it work? :?:

Thanks a lot!

Roy

roy1971 said:
Hello!

I do have an XFX ATI HD 5770 (ID 0x68b8) with QE/CI and 4 port working :D on Snow (10.6.7) with original kext, GraphicsEnabler=Yes + boot: Chimera 1.3. But with GraphicsEnabler=No, can't open the OS Interface.

ATI Radeon HD 5770:

Modelo de chipset: ATI Radeon HD 5770
Tipo: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Anchura de canal PCIe: x16
VRAM (total): 1024 MB
Fabricante: ATI (0x1002)
ID del dispositivo: 0x68b8
ID de la revisión: 0x0000
Pantallas:
SyncMaster:
Resolución: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Pantalla principal: Sí
LG TV:
Resolución: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Entrelazado: Sí
Televisor: Sí
Conector de pantalla:
Conector de pantalla:

On Lion DP2 updated to 11a459e, the image with original kext it's a mess, I can see anything, not black, it seems as can't find the correct framebuffer. But If I do install the 10.6.7 kexts I do have All display ports + correct resolutions as on Snow, BUT NO QE/CI :banghead: . I have use the new bootleader posted on netkas site.

Any clue hot to make it work? :?:

Thanks a lot!

Roy

We can't discuss 11a459e (DP3) here so....if I were you I'd try RC5 833. I just compiled it a few moments ago. Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in caBp.

svn co http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon/trunk

laguna1212 said:
I have the XFX 5770 1GB board. I don't have the ATI2000, 3000 or ATYInit.kext. I DO have have the 5000 and x2000 and x3000 though. I'm not using any ROM switchers and graphics enabler is set to ON since I'm running 64bit. I have NOT modified any kexts with my device ID though.

The only part I lost you was on the installer portion. I see it fixed your issue but I do need it still (since I provided a little more info for you)?

Thanks too.

update to 10.6.7 dont reboot , run multi beast check system utiliti \chameleon chimera \64 bit apple boot . run reboot :thumbup:

note : no need ati 2000, aty init.kext ,no drivers needed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back