Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, after my first reboot doing combo updater and multibeast with 10.6.7 graphics drivers, my 5770 won't show any display. HOWEVER if I switch the DVI to the 2nd DVI port it comes back (on restart, I have to change it again.)

Is it possible to fix this? It's annoying but everything else is working fine, so yeah.

After quite a bit of testing locally, I would advise against those MBP ATI drivers, and use Kabyl Chameleon with Graphics Enabler instead.

I have seen this within a few threads within this forum. This also cancels out triple monitor setups.

I really hope someone will come up with a solution.

EDIT: the problem only exists using the 10.6.7 ATI drivers.

bump

I was thinking of using two 5770s my buddy had laying around, but now I'm skeptical.

I did the auto update no issues on my 5850 with 3 monitors, although i know when me and my cusin set up my system I was not paying attention durring the graphics enabeling portion. :oops:

I will ask him what he did, and repost...

Thanks for the help guys but my solution was as follows:

I needed to add a line to my boot.plist
"Graphics Mode"="2560x1600x32"

Apparently if your bootloader and desktop resolutions are different, you need to force the card to re-initialize by either sleeping then waking it or unplugging and replugging the monitor.

A two monitor setup should be fine on the 5770 as both DVI ports work fine (unlike an identical card flashed to work on my "real" Mac Pro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back