Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone, I was running a complete 64bit build and noticed some apps degraded in performance and wanted to test back on 32bit. I reinstalled ATY, Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r651 and 32bit graphics enabler = no and system utilities.

I get a grey error screen when trying to boot into OSX. Any ideas? I can boot into safe mode or using iboot 2.5.2.

I'm not totally confident on this, but doesn't that method mean you can only use 32-bit? Depending on what model of the 5770 you have; it may be easier to use the Kabyl boot file in MultiBeast 2.5.1 or above with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. This will allow you to boot into 64-bit mode.

laguna1212 said:
Hey everyone, I was running a complete 64bit build and noticed some apps degraded in performance and wanted to test back on 32bit. I reinstalled ATY, Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r651 and 32bit graphics enabler = no and system utilities.

I get a grey error screen when trying to boot into OSX. Any ideas? I can boot into safe mode or using iboot 2.5.2.
All you had to do is switch out what kernel to boot. There was no need to go back to ATY_Init.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    805 bytes · Views: 141
MacMan said:
All you had to do is switch out what kernel to boot. There was no need to go back to ATY_Init.

More specifically all the OP had to do was boot with the arch=i386 kernel flag it is not really switching it out you just boot the 32bit version of the universal binary contained in the same mach_kernel. Ha and looking at it they still build it with PPC yet screw them over from running it ain't that special...

Code:
MacUser2525s-Mac-Pro-i5:~ MacUser2525$ file /mach_kernel 
/mach_kernel: Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures
/mach_kernel (for architecture x86_64):	Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64
/mach_kernel (for architecture i386):	Mach-O executable i386
/mach_kernel (for architecture ppc):	Mach-O executable ppc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back