Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trying to get a Hackintosh going for a friend of mine. Everything's good except his graphics card. I can't find _any_ info on it here or on Google. It's a Radeon 2900 GT, which is a bit obscure of a card. Anyone here have experience getting this card working, with acceleration, reschange, etc? My only success with it so far has been the fact that Chimera 1.8 sees it at boot, and correctly identifies the model, but sees the number of ports as 0. It's not identified properly in System Profiler. Any help would be appreciated. I am by no means a n00b to the realm of Hackintosh graphics, having made dual nVidia cards work in my system (twice), but this just has me stumped.

Should also mention that this is on 10.6.8.

cnrtechhead said:
Trying to get a Hackintosh going for a friend of mine. Everything's good except his graphics card. I can't find _any_ info on it here or on Google. It's a Radeon 2900 GT, which is a bit obscure of a card. Anyone here have experience getting this card working, with acceleration, reschange, etc? My only success with it so far has been the fact that Chimera 1.8 sees it at boot, and correctly identifies the model, but sees the number of ports as 0. It's not identified properly in System Profiler. Any help would be appreciated. I am by no means a n00b to the realm of Hackintosh graphics, having made dual nVidia cards work in my system (twice), but this just has me stumped.

Should also mention that this is on 10.6.8.
hello just visit this site and look under ati so you will find somthing for you that will help you. Try this first http://rghost.net/15474371

Hope it will help you
so long and have fun

I ordered him a 9800GT earlier today, so in the meantime if I can get the 2400 working with little effort I will, otherwise he can deal with no QE/CI for a few days. No way I'd leave the 2400 in the system permanently, it's a pathetic little card, especially for someone who edits video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back