Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, I am trying to get to the app store in 10.6.8 to install mavericks. I won't have access to a real mac for a couple weeks so I decided to use the iBoot + Multibeast method with a retail Snow Leopard disk. Everything went really smooth including the update to 10.6.8. Now, I know Multibeast 6.5+ supports my network card but I can not use that version on SL. I thought I was real slick when I installed a usb wifi dongle but I got the dreaded "could not verify computer..blah blah" error when trying to sign into app store. I did a lot of research and I realized I cannot use a wifi dongle for this very easily. So I tried to install a kext for my ethernet via KextBeast, which did not work. So I need some guidance.

If I can just get upgraded to mavericks, I can use Multibeast to install my 9 series drivers. But I need help getting my Atheros Killer E2201 card working on 10.6.8 first.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Please keep in mind that I computer literate, however I am very new to "hacintoshing". So, please explain it to me like the noob I am. Thank you.

Specs:
Gigabyte Gaming Z97X ATX Motherboard.
i7 4790k 4.0Ghz
G.Skill Trident 2400MHz 2x8GB

I thought I was real slick when I installed a usb wifi dongle but I got the dreaded "could not verify computer..blah blah" error when trying to sign into app store. I did a lot of research and I realized I cannot use a wifi dongle for this very easily. So I tried to install a kext for my ethernet via KextBeast, which did not work. So I need some guidance.

If I can just get upgraded to mavericks, I can use Multibeast to install my 9 series drivers. But I need help getting my Atheros Killer E2201 card working on 10.6.8 first.

Unfortunately the Atheros Killer chipset is newer than Snow Leopard. No one has successfully written a version that works with Snow leopard. There is another solution however:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/122884-mac-app-store-access-nullethernet-kext.html

Unfortunately the Atheros Killer chipset is newer than Snow Leopard. No one has successfully written a version that works with Snow leopard. There is another solution however:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/122884-mac-app-store-access-nullethernet-kext.html

Thank you for your quick reply. I was hoping that was not the case. The problem is, after reading everything I could on that method, I have no idea what to do. I like figuring things out myself without asking for help, but I could really use it here. I used EastBeast instead of the custom DSDT on multibeast (version 3ish I believe). If you, or anyone, could guide me on what exactly to do, I would be forever in your debt. Thanks.

Thank you for your quick reply. I was hoping that was not the case. The problem is, after reading everything I could on that method, I have no idea what to do. I like figuring things out myself without asking for help, but I could really use it here. I used EastBeast instead of the custom DSDT on multibeast (version 3ish I believe). If you, or anyone, could guide me on what exactly to do, I would be forever in your debt. Thanks.

OK. Admission time - I was aware that the laptop guys used this to get the App Store working - however is looks as if this would only work if you already have Mavericks already, but the hardware does not have working ethernet ports (a point that my brain hadn't picked up on).

Two things that might offer a solution (further research required)

• Adding a PCIe ethernet card that would work with Snow Leopard to allow Mac App Store access.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=mac compatible ethernet card
  • USB ethernet adaptor : drawing a blank at the moment though.

This Atheros Killer ethernet chipset is gaining in popularity with manufacturers - especially with the gaming boards. A working solution would be good to have as this is going to crop up more often now - if a reliable working fix cannot be found then it will rule out a number of boards for people to use.

Thank you for clarifying. What I plan on doing is having a family member download Mavericks from the app store and send it to me. since I have 10.6.8 working okay, I should be able to create a bootable usb with that. Sound like it will work?

Unless UniBeast doesn't support 10.6.8....in which case I may just cry myself to sleep.

If I were to suggest a personal visit to your family in order that you would be able to carry out the download using your own MAS account and creating the UniBeast flash drive then that would follow the site rules a little better. Otherwise yes it should work.

Ah gotcha. I'll definitely use my credentials. Thanks again.

OK. Admission time - I was aware that the laptop guys used this to get the App Store working - however is looks as if this would only work if you already have Mavericks already, but the hardware does not have working ethernet ports (a point that my brain hadn't picked up on).

It (NullEthernet) will work in SL...

This is great news. So to get this running all I need to do is follow 'Alternate way to install (PCIe/injector method)' from:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet

I am going to order a USB WIFI just to try this out.

When you have an existing Ethernet (but without drivers), any of the three methods can work (injector kext, DSDT patch, SSDT). When you have no existing Ethernet (usually on Ultrabook laptops), you must use DSDT patch or SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back