CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
after several time finally updated to catalina but comes the big problem wifi is not working for this WIFI card i searched for a solution but get no luck :(

Not broken, just unsupported in Catalina.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 1.31.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 1.31.06 PM.png
    91 KB · Views: 332
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 1.31.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 1.31.39 PM.png
    85 KB · Views: 272
after several time finally updated to catalina but comes the big problem wifi is not working for this WIFI card i searched for a solution but get no luck :(
Uninstall Kext io80211family.kext and io80211familyV2.kext

How to do it?
Go to Recovery Mode, open Terminal. Type
Code:
df
. You will get bunch of Lines. Find a name of your Partition (One that you named while formatting your drive during Catalina installation). Type
Code:
rm -rf /Volumes/<DRIVENAME>/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/
rm -rf /Volumes/<DRIVENAME>/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211FamilyV2.kext/
After that, boot to OS. Open Hackintool, Go to Utilities And click Lego Logo without Reload Circle on it. Choose your files. Press Select. After that you will get another Explorer Window. Choose /System/Library/Extensions/ as destination folder. REBOOT

(Download Files) --- KextWifi.zip

Perhaps it will work. I mean it will, but due that is an unstable method that is not designed for Catalina. You might have some issues like Slow Wifi, Broken BT. But I can guarantee that you will gain access to connect to other Wifi Hotspots

Attachments

• KextWifi.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Better solution fenvi 1200 or t919

wifi is not working for this WIFI card

I have Atheros AR9285 (168c,2b) that lost support since Mojave and works fine on Catalina

All I have to do is install drivers through Hackintool/Tools and select Atheros drivers

I have Atheros AR9285 (168c,2b) that lost support since Mojave and works fine on Catalina

All I have to do is install drivers through Hackintool/Tools and select Atheros drivers
That is sad, my wifi card works but really slow. I tried all kexts. It is slow in Mac OS, but good in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back