CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
ASUS G55VW install problem

Hello good people. Long time didn't been here so I've got one question.

So, my problem is when I try to boot up ML 10.8.4 ML from USB. It stacks on boot screen. When I try verbose mode every time stuck when como to Ethernet and my MAC address. On last (10.8.3 version) also the same but was written some Ethernet.kext, can't remember which one exactly.

Capture from that is attached.

Hope someone can help to solve my problems. And almost forgot, I've got ASUS G55VW so it should work, graphic isn't problem any more so ML supports yet NVIDIA 660. Hope I'm rigt when I think that problem lied on Ethernet HW. But AR8151 is also supported by MAc OS so I can only wait and hope someone will respond to my quest.

Thanks in advance!

I.S.

Attachments

• 2013-09-02 22.39.08.jpg
    2013-09-02 22.39.08.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 569
Hello good people. Long time didn't been here so I've got one question.

So, my problem is when I try to boot up ML 10.8.4 ML from USB. It stacks on boot screen. When I try verbose mode every time stuck when como to Ethernet and my MAC address. On last (10.8.3 version) also the same but was written some Ethernet.kext, can't remember which one exactly.

Capture from that is attached.

Hope someone can help to solve my problems. And almost forgot, I've got ASUS G55VW so it should work, graphic isn't problem any more so ML supports yet NVIDIA 660. Hope I'm rigt when I think that problem lied on Ethernet HW. But AR8151 is also supported by MAc OS so I can only wait and hope someone will respond to my quest.

Thanks in advance!

I.S.

It is a graphics issue. You are successfully booting but have no working graphics display...

Can you boot with 'GraphicsEnabler=No -x'?

Tried it already! The same thing happend. But why graphic anyway? It has got native support from version 10.8.3? (660M GTX)

Tried it already! The same thing happend. But why graphic anyway? It has got native support from version 10.8.3? (660M GTX)

Is that nvidia using Optimus? If so, it is not supported and complications installation. If you can disable Optimus in BIOS (and the nvidia), do that. Otherwise, try removing all the Nvidia drivers from the Unibeast USB /System/Library/Extensions (Geforce*, NV*).

Is that nvidia using Optimus? If so, it is not supported and complications installation. If you can disable Optimus in BIOS (and the nvidia), do that. Otherwise, try removing all the Nvidia drivers from the Unibeast USB /System/Library/Extensions (Geforce*, NV*).

It's not! I've not have double graphics so it's not Optimus because I know that Optimus not work. And I also know options without kexts but I want Mac OS in full res and also know all that series has almost the same hardwer except audio HW etc, but main system is the same more or less.

It's not! I've not have double graphics so it's not Optimus because I know that Optimus not work. And I also know options without kexts but I want Mac OS in full res and also know all that series has almost the same hardwer except audio HW etc, but main system is the same more or less.

In that case, you'll want to work on getting your Nvidia discrete graphics working. Sorry, I can't help you there (no experience w/ other than Intel HD3K/HD4K) other than to say it often involves using DSDT to do proper NVCAP property injections. You might search for guides for the same laptop or other laptops with the same graphics hardware.

ASUS G55VW install problem

OK, so I tried something. There is fine NVDA kexts on "Extension" folder so when I remove onlly "NVDAResman.kext" I can boot to installation welcome screen. So I wanna know when I finish installing ML will there be problem after that when I want to instal NVIDIA drivers from Nvidia support page for Mac OS?

Thank you!

OK, so I tried something. There is fine NVDA kexts on "Extension" folder so when I remove onlly "NVDAResman.kext" I can boot to installation welcome screen. So I wanna know when I finish installing ML will there be problem after that when I want to instal NVIDIA drivers from Nvidia support page for Mac OS?

Thank you!

As far as I know, removing kext from /S/L/E on the USB does not affect the final image as installed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back