Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA H97N Wifi Rev. 1.0
CPU
i3 4360
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Hello everyone,
I have bought a pcie half mini wifi atheros ar5b95 9285.
I installed IO80211Family.kext and AtherosWiFiInjector.kext kext with Kext_Helper_b7, Yosemite 10.10.4 recognize it, but I can’t see any network.
How can I do?
Thank you.

Hello everyone,
I have bought a pcie half mini wifi atheros ar5b95 9285.
I installed IO80211Family.kext and AtherosWiFiInjector.kext kext with Kext_Helper_b7, Yosemite 10.10.4 recognize it, but I can’t see any network.
How can I do?
Thank you.

Your mistake was replacing IO80211Family.kext. Restore to original.

what is the original?

and how can I restore it?

See, I don't think its the card OR the laptop that's bad. I did a little experimenting, and this is interesting:1) When I run PdaNet + AR9285 WiFi, speeds are really nice on speedtest.net (around ~6.5, above average for my location in my house/in the world)2) I disconnect PdaNet, and shortly after WiFi speeds drop to ~4.5 (still pretty nice)3) After I close PdaNet and restart Safari, the WiFi speed drops horrendously, down to ~0.6 - 1What could be the issue, then?EDIT: Nevermind, this appears to be a faulty reading. Speed dropped back down to 0.6 Mbps after disconnecting PdaNet on a second trial.

Sorry for double post, but is it at all possible for this to be a BIOS issue? To me the BIOS whitelist is some voodoo magic, but logically speaking could it be hampering the speeds as this is not a card manufactured by Lenovo? The device did boot, however, without screaming some "Unsupported hardware" message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back