Contribute
Register

Asus Zenbook UX32VD OSX 10.10 removing kext to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much RehabMan!

I need a little time away from the zenbook today ;). It is driving me mad. This surely is very complicated and the hardest install I have ever made. But it is nice with challenge :)...

I will get back to the thread when I have calmed down a bit...

If you need a look...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).
View attachment Archive.zip

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.
View attachment f’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

argh ok :) I can't leave it alone. Here are the files. Thanks again RehabMan!

View attachment 118024

View attachment 118025

argh ok :) I can't leave it alone. Here are the files. Thanks again RehabMan!

The ioreg shows NullCPUPowerManagement loaded.

It is possible your machine requires one of the OEM SSDTs. It is rare, but not impossible. You can include the SSDTs in /Extra, but eliminate CPU related SSDTs if they cause a problem for power management (you won't know until you fix the NullCPU problem mentioned above).

I think this is too hard for me. Though I would love to have it working I simply think I am not good enough at all this hacking to make it work.

I have no idea how NullPM got loaded... It is not present on the extensions folders or in /Ekstra.

But thanks for helping so much RehabMan. I wish I could make it work - and it surely is not due to lack of help from you that I cant!

Maybe in the future more hardware will be supported and I can try again :). But untill maybe that day I think I will leave this Zenbook alone...

And may people who read this thread know that I really tried ;).

take care until next time :)

I think this is too hard for me. Though I would love to have it working I simply think I am not good enough at all this hacking to make it work.

I have no idea how NullPM got loaded... It is not present on the extensions folders or in /Ekstra.

It is simple...

NullCPUPowerManagement is loading because it is on the USB at /Extra/Extensions and you're still booting from USB instead of directly from the HDD.

If you followed the guide, you would have installed the bootloader to your HDD and would be booting directly from the HDD, where /Extra/Extensions does not exist.

It may be simple... I did follow the guide. However for some reason the boot loader does not install right... Though no errors are reported during the install...

It may be simple... I did follow the guide. However for some reason the boot loader does not install right... Though no errors are reported during the install...

Solve your bootloader problem before looking into power management any further. You will never get CPU PM working properly if you're still booting from your Unibeast USB.

Booting from USB is not "following the guide"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back