Intel HD 4000 and Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear forum

I am trying to make this Zenbook work (se my signature for details).

After a lot of fooling about with boot flags and removing all NV* Geforce* kext from the USB-drive I finally made it work.

However I am no computer wiz ... I just have to much time a simply cant let go of computers when i get started :crazy:...

Anyway. My questions are:

When I get it running and install Multibeast. Do I then need to delete the same kext's as I did on the USB - and do I need to use the same bootflags after installing stuff in multibeast as i did while making the USB-drive boot?

Secondly. Being a Zenbook a number of things does not work. I am ok with that for now. But the VoodooHDA.kext for sound did not install when using multibeast (i.e. latest version). Do you have any suggestions on how to get sound on the zenbook?

thirdly: After first boot i got rescue Grub promt. It is because I used to run linux on it. But how do I get past that so that i do not have to boot via the USB disk?

Ok That was a lot of questions :).

best regards
J

Dear forum

I am trying to make this Zenbook work (se my signature for details).

After a lot of fooling about with boot flags and removing all NV* Geforce* kext from the USB-drive I finally made it work.

No need to remove the kexts... Just use "nv_disable=1" kernel flag.

Secondly. Being a Zenbook a number of things does not work. I am ok with that for now. But the VoodooHDA.kext for sound did not install when using multibeast (i.e. latest version). Do you have any suggestions on how to get sound on the zenbook?

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

thirdly: After first boot i got rescue Grub promt. It is because I used to run linux on it. But how do I get past that so that i do not have to boot via the USB disk?

What bootloader are you using?

The Multibeast Chimera installer (and standalone Chimera installer) will not overwrite a grub MBR for some (unknown) reason. You can force it in Chameleon Wizard.

Thanks for your very very informative answer RehabMan!

I will get to work on it during this week :). And then I will get back to this post with details of the progress. Could be cool with a working zenbook hackintosh 10.10.

I use Chameleon. And first thing I will de is to try and get rid of the GRUB issue.

Very interesting about the bootflag to disable NVidia! :).

Thanks!

No need to remove the kexts... Just use "nv_disable=1" kernel flag.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

What bootloader are you using?

The Multibeast Chimera installer (and standalone Chimera installer) will not overwrite a grub MBR for some (unknown) reason. You can force it in Chameleon Wizard.

I finaly have time to try all these things out. But before I do. Can I try and fix one thing at the time? I.e. Firstly just run MultiBeast to get network going. And then run it again later to get audio etc etc?

I just tryed (a bit half hearted I admit) to patch everything at once and now the system dont boot.

I always tell my self not to try these things out when i cant sleep... but ... hehe I can never sleep...

I finaly have time to try all these things out. But before I do. Can I try and fix one thing at the time? I.e. Firstly just run MultiBeast to get network going. And then run it again later to get audio etc etc?

I just tryed (a bit half hearted I admit) to patch everything at once and now the system dont boot.

I always tell my self not to try these things out when i cant sleep... but ... hehe I can never sleep...

Always work on only one problem at a time.

First thing you should do is power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-other-laptops.html

Hmm. Now it was one step back. After reinstalling I am no longer able to boot from my hard drive and ssd. It is like the bios doesn't see them anymore .

I tried reformatting / erasing etc but no luck.

Anyone know what could be done by this?

Hmm. Now it was one step back. After reinstalling I am no longer able to boot from my hard drive and ssd. It is like the bios doesn't see them anymore .

I tried reformatting / erasing etc but no luck.

Anyone know what could be done by this?

Did you install a bootloader?

no. All i did was to install via the yosemite usb stick again. As described in the guide. But i have had a bootloader on the system before. Grub 2 from when it ran ubuntu. But that is a while ago.

no. All i did was to install via the yosemite usb stick again. As described in the guide. But i have had a bootloader on the system before. Grub 2 from when it ran ubuntu. But that is a while ago.

You need to install a bootloader if you expect to boot OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back