i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I'm a long time Hackintosh user, as you can see from my profile. I started with Chameleon, then I have to learn a lot to use Clover, and now I'm trying to learn and use OpenCore.

My laptop currently works perfect with Clover (you can see my guide here) in Catalina, but now that we have a public beta of Big Sur and that I'm about to get a new laptop with an Intel 10th gen processor, I wanna try OpenCore.

I have read a lot. There are too many guides and even some contradicting info on the net, but after some hours, I think I have an EFI folder in compliance to what OpenCore needs for this system. However, I'm putting that EFI folder on a usb stick, boot from it to see if I can boot to my current Catalina installation, and all I get is a panic. I don't know why, or how to solve it.

(image removed now)

Things I tried:

-Removing all the kexts except for the mandatory ones (Lilu, Whatevergreen & VirtualSMC) -and of course, removed the entries from config.plist-
-Go to hieplpvip (@baohiep) Github for the Zenbook, take a look at his Opencore branch and do some modifications to adapt my EFI to his. No result, same panic at the same spot.
-Tried with and without DSDT. No change.
-Cleared NVRAM, tried again after that. Same error.

I'm not seeing what's wrong, but I can't boot using OpenCore. If I then boot directly from my SSD where Clover is installed, everything is smooth. Can someone with more knowledge than me in OpenCore give me a hand?

Find attached the EFI I'm using to try. (EDIT: Removed now)

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Hi!

I'm a long time Hackintosh user, as you can see from my profile. I started with Chameleon, then I have to learn a lot to use Clover, and now I'm trying to learn and use OpenCore.

My laptop currently works perfect with Clover (you can see my guide here) in Catalina, but now that we have a public beta of Big Sur and that I'm about to get a new laptop with an Intel 10th gen processor, I wanna try OpenCore.

I have read a lot. There are too many guides and even some contradicting info on the net, but after some hours, I think I have an EFI folder in compliance to what OpenCore needs for this system. However, I'm putting that EFI folder on a usb stick, boot from it to see if I can boot to my current Catalina installation, and all I get is a panic. I don't know why, or how to solve it.

View attachment 483295

Things I tried:

-Removing all the kexts except for the mandatory ones (Lilu, Whatevergreen & VirtualSMC) -and of course, removed the entries from config.plist-
-Go to hieplpvip (@baohiep) Github for the Zenbook, take a look at his Opencore branch and do some modifications to adapt my EFI to his. No result, same panic at the same spot.

I'm not seeing what's wrong, but I can't boot using OpenCore. If I then boot directly from my SSD where Clover is installed, everything is smooth. Can someone with more knowledge than me in OpenCore give me a hand?

Find attached the EFI I'm using to try.

Thank you in advance!
not sure why you would be adding this in your kext list:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext.dSYM</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>

this should be disabled as you have already setup your usb ports:
Code:
<key>XhciPortLimit</key>
            <true/>

although you may be better in using the USBPorts.kext instead of usbinjectall.kext and .aml file

Hi!

View attachment 483295

Things I tried:

Find attached the EFI I'm using to try.

Thank you in advance!

I had the same problem and the solution is to play with settings from booter as per guide.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 10.27.27 AM.png

not sure why you would be adding this in your kext list:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext.dSYM</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>

this should be disabled as you have already setup your usb ports:
Code:
<key>XhciPortLimit</key>
            <true/>

although you may be better in using the USBPorts.kext instead of usbinjectall.kext and .aml file
Thanks! I'm recreating the whole EFI right now. Hackintool can create that file you mention. Should I remove USBInjectAll and it's corresponding aml file, and only use USBPorts.kext? What about SSDT-EC-USBX.aml? Is it needed?

Thanks! I'm recreating the whole EFI right now. Hackintool can create that file you mention. Should I remove USBInjectAll and it's corresponding aml file, and only use USBPorts.kext? What about SSDT-EC-USBX.aml? Is it needed?
the usbport.kext may have the info from SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, you best check

I had the same problem and the solution is to play with settings from booter as per guide.

View attachment 483298

My new EFI folder is in compliance with those instructions. But still doesn't work.

the usbport.kext may have the info from SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, you best check

It doesn't have the info, so I've added SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.

Attached is my new EFI, created from scratch. (EDIT: Removed now) It hangs at the same spot.

(image removed now)

Last edited:
My new EFI folder is in compliance with those instructions. But still doesn't work.

It doesn't have the info, so I've added SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.

Attached is my new EFI, created from scratch. It hangs at the same spot.

View attachment 483312
try with removing:
VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

and move up:
VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext
to your other voodooi2c kexts

also this one:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext
you will want to set MaxKernel: 19.9.9

Ok. First kext removed. Second kext moved up. Third kext, I just removed AirportBrcmFixup completely. n any case, I'll add it later if I see I need it.

Now it's not the same error, but I still can't boot. My actual EFI is attached (EDIT: Removed now), and it includes some txt files created by OpenCore with some info.

(image removed now)

Last edited:
-ProvideMaxSlide correctly set now.
-Kept AAPL,ig-platform-id = 00001619 because I need to emulate Skylake graphics. There's a known issue with Kabylake showing weird color gradients using the internal screen
-Added lilucpu=8 to boot args to match what I use with Clover, so I emulate Skylake processor instead of Kabylake, matching the igpu
-Deleted SMCBatteryManager.kext. I can fix battery later if needed.
-DisableIoMapper corrected.
-Kept PickerMode as External. That's how it should be to show OpenCore's theme GUI, according to OpenCore's instructions. Switching to builtin only affects how the disk selection is presented on screen at boot.
-Removed Tools efi. But I only had OpenShell.efi, so I doubt that's a problem.
-Removed Ps2KeyboardDxe.efi & Ps2MouseDxe.efi from Drivers. I don't need them anyway.
-ReleaseUsbOwnership correctly set to Yes.

I still can't boot. This is what I see:

(image removed now)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back