Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you mean. Google?

I mean from the manufacturer, because I know apple wont provide any, even though the OS was bought.

I mean from the manufacturer, because I know apple wont provide any, even though the OS was bought.

ASUS won't help you. They never promised your computer will run OS X.

I also am using a jet drive and after wake it always tells me the jetdrive did not eject properly. But otherwise it seems fully functional.

Hello,

I've found your post about using jet drive with asus ux305. Did your mean transcend jetdrive lite? I can't find any info about compatibility. Could your please share some info about this?
I can't find out which ones fit in it? How are they working overall? If your could share photos, that would be very very helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you, hope you will reply! You are like the only person in the Internet writing about it!

So thanks to the hard work and dedication (and the fasttrack zip file provided in guide, I have OS X Yosemite mostly perfect. There are two issues however.

First, I am unable to sign into iCloud or App Store. I have gone through the guide, but I feel I MUST have missed something. My smbios is fairly bare. I saw a previous post stating to google for the needed ID's, but I have been unsuccessful in finding anything for broadwell based macs such as the Macbook 8,1 (that the smbios is based on from the fast track zip file). Does anybody happen to have this information they can provide me? A message or an email to [email protected] would be fantastic and much appreciated.

I got the 2 finger scrolling to work, however unlike my macbook pro's touch pad, when I 2-finger scroll, it will continue to scroll until I lift both fingers off the track pad. Is this how it is functioning for everybody else? If not, can anyone let me know how they changed this functionality?

Again, thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to get this ultraportable as close to perfect as they have.

Guys, I'm looking all over Internet about compatibility with Transcend JetDrive Lite, but can't find any info. Is anyone using it? Please share knowledge!

Could anyone please pm this guy and ask him to look into this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/sarge999/

He's using jetdrive, but I'm not sure he's visiting this thread and I can't pm him, cause I don't have 75 messages (

Windows set default to itself. Answer F12 at boot set back to Clove efi. Scroll will work Sys Pref | Trackpad adjust scroll speed must be done once as noted post #1 GUIDE

Gestures etc /S/L/E/ApplePS2SmartTouchPad/plist adjust as needed.

jhawk

The default hasn't changed to windows. Clover still boots up, but the mac os does not. My wifi card from dell also arrived, and its refusing to connect to 2.4ghz networks, however 5ghz networks work. Can someone send me a picture of how they connected the two wires to their dw1560?

Guys, I'm looking all over Internet about compatibility with Transcend JetDrive Lite, but can't find any info. Is anyone using it? Please share knowledge!

Could anyone please pm this guy and ask him to look into this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/sarge999/

He's using jetdrive, but I'm not sure he's visiting this thread and I can't pm him, cause I don't have 75 messages (

The problem he is experiencing is a direct result of the work around for USB and Wake from sleep.
Rather than restore USB State it is re-initialized. Thus we are starting with a clean slate on wake up.
Hope this clears it up.

jhawk

So thanks to the hard work and dedication (and the fasttrack zip file provided in guide, I have OS X Yosemite mostly perfect. There are two issues however.

First, I am unable to sign into iCloud or App Store. I have gone through the guide, but I feel I MUST have missed something. My smbios is fairly bare. I saw a previous post stating to google for the needed ID's, but I have been unsuccessful in finding anything for broadwell based macs such as the Macbook 8,1 (that the smbios is based on from the fast track zip file). Does anybody happen to have this information they can provide me? A message or an email to [email protected] would be fantastic and much appreciated.

I got the 2 finger scrolling to work, however unlike my macbook pro's touch pad, when I 2-finger scroll, it will continue to scroll until I lift both fingers off the track pad. Is this how it is functioning for everybody else? If not, can anyone let me know how they changed this functionality?

Again, thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to get this ultraportable as close to perfect as they have.

That can be changed in plist off or on only. Gestures etc /S/L/E/ApplePS2SmartTouchPad/plist adjust as needed.

jhawk

The Jet drive works fine. It sticks out about a millimeter but not much more. It serves its purpose in every way I bought it for. Upon wake, it says the drive did not eject properly, but it always works for what I need it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back