Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should mention that you can make X86PlatformPlugin load with a very simple SSDT:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("SSDT.aml", "SSDT", 1, "APPLE ", "CpuPT", 0x00015600)
{
    External (_PR_.CPU0, DeviceObj)
    Method (\_PR.CPU0._DSM, 4)
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 }) }
        Return (Package () { "plugin-type", 1 })
    }
}

It might be good enough for now, until more information can be gathered about real Macbook8,1 ACPI.
So i should take what you typed and put into terminal? or into one of the ssdt's or the dsdt?

So i should take what you typed and put into terminal? or into one of the ssdt's or the dsdt?

It is ASL code. Compile into AML with MaciASL:
- create new document
- paste the code
- Save As SSDT.aml, format "ACPI Machine Language Binary"
- place in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

You're moving it around in the disassembled files.

You have to move it because iasl places refs.txt Externals poorly.

Move it around to where? i looked at the ssdt files in the fastlane package but could not figure out where you put them. can you post a pic of where they should go. I am a visual learner.

Thanks,

Move it around to where? i looked at the ssdt files in the fastlane package but could not figure out where you put them. can you post a pic of where they should go. I am a visual learner.

Thanks,

The information is already in this thread. Essentially, you move them from the beginning of the External declarations to the end. It is very simple.

It is ASL code. Compile into AML with MaciASL:
- create new document
- paste the code
- Save As SSDT.aml, format "ACPI Machine Language Binary"
- place in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

assuming if there is an SSDT.aml already in that folder i put a "-number" Jhawk gave me alot of ssdt's with his fast lane package, most have a -number after them.

assuming if there is an SSDT.aml already in that folder i put a "-number" Jhawk gave me alot of ssdt's with his fast lane package, most have a -number after them.

I try to reserve SSDT.aml for the generated SSDT. The rest I name with numbers, -0, -1, -2, etc.

For this SSDT, order doesn't matter (same [usually] goes for the SSDT that comes out of ssdtPRgen.sh).

No matter the name, don't forget to add to SortedOrder, or it won't load at all.

I try to reserve SSDT.aml for the generated SSDT. The rest I name with numbers, -0, -1, -2, etc.

For this SSDT, order doesn't matter (same [usually] goes for the SSDT that comes out of ssdtPRgen.sh).

No matter the name, don't forget to add to SortedOrder, or it won't load at all.

will do :) that i actually know how to do. Look at me learning some stuff.

The information is already in this thread. Essentially, you move them from the beginning of the External declarations to the end. It is very simple.

OK, got everything to compile and its booting. I applied the battery patch and everything seems to be working as it should.

The problem was that i created the refs.txt file with textedit. Once i figured that out everything else was simple as you said.
Thank you for your patience.

So now that im booting with my own compiled dsdt and ssdt files. What other changes should i make?
does anyone have the trackpad fully functioning with gestures?

..So now that im booting with my own compiled dsdt and ssdt files. What other changes should i make?

Not really possible to answer without knowing the current state of your install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back