Contribute
Register

Asus Zenbook Pro UX501 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was just curious on people's thoughts on the compatibility of this newer Zenbook released from Asus with OSx. It's a beast of a laptop and it has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics card. I know there are special drivers to make that card work but just in general I was hoping some of you who are much more informed than I am, I work a job where I pull 16hr days so i'm usually too tired to do extensive research, would have some more input for me so I can make an informed purchase. Thanks in advance. :)

So I was just curious on people's thoughts on the compatibility of this newer Zenbook released from Asus with OSx. It's a beast of a laptop and it has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics card. I know there are special drivers to make that card work but just in general I was hoping some of you who are much more informed than I am, I work a job where I pull 16hr days so i'm usually too tired to do extensive research, would have some more input for me so I can make an informed purchase. Thanks in advance. :)

It is probably Optimus... with Optimus, Nvidia cannot be used in OS X.

Details in FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Do you have installed it?

This is my computer:
Asus Zenbook UX501JW-FI218H
CPU: Intel i7-4720HQ, Haswell, HM87
Graphics: Intel HD4600, GeForce GTX 960M, 3840x2160

its hd4600 does''t work well

Yes,Thanks a lot
Hi there,

I try to install a Yosemite 10.10.4 on a Asus Zenbook UX501JW-FI218H.

System Details:
Asus Zenbook UX501JW-FI218H
Mainboard: Chipset Intel Hanswell Rev. 06, Southbridge Intel HM87, Rev. C2
CPU: i7-4720HQ, Hanswell
Graphics: Intel HD4600, GeForce GTX 960M, 3840x2160

I've searched for information about Hackintosh on this Machine, but I don't found anyone who tryed a Hackintosh on this Notebook. So I try it without a reference.

The Installation with Unibeast doesn't work. The Notebook only boots with UEFI. So I tryed the Clover-Guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

At Step 2.17 "Customize the Clover Settings" I have to use the "Install for UEFI booting only" settings. Otherwise the USB-Stick will not boot. Then I followed the rest of the Guide.

Problem: Now I am at Step 3.5 in the Guide. I can boot the Clover. I can select the "Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemit". The installation prozess starts with the apple Logo. It continues about 5 min and the progress bar set to round about 40%. Then the screen is black a frew seconds and the system reboots.

I've tryed to change the Config to "config.plist-Standard.zip" and "config.plist-GE=Yes-NVIDIA.zip". Same Problem. :banghead:

Anyone with an Idea to fix the Installation-Prozess?
Is here anybody who has a succsessfull running Yosemite on a Zenbook UX501? :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back