Asus z9pe- dual xeon E5 2620 V2 - GTX760 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Config is:

ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS
BIOS 5304
CPU: 2 x INTEL XEON E5 2680 EP 8 CORE 2.7Ghz
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsZ - 8x8GB = 64GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 (but also tried a Radeon 6600 which is working in another Hackintosh)

It always hangs on "PCI Configuration begin"

@amorph:

what is your config? It is difficult to suggest anything without any knowledge of your config...

@amorph
Try to put your Radon into the slot #7 or slot #5 of the board
I played with an old ATI card before loaded with my NVidia and it worked in the second CPU PCIs (5/7).
When boot, make sure Intel VT-D is disabled in BIOS. Try to boot in the safe mode (-x) first. I can not recall now but I think my ATI card required different kernel flags (or some of them were not necessary).
I'd be interested to know the results. Hope it starts.

Thanks - I managed to install Mavericks. Placing the Video-Card in slot #5 did the trick ;-)
Unfortunately I got another problem now - the CPU's are clocked with 1.2GHz only although I got 2.7GHz CPU's installed. Sleep isn't working either :(
Any tips how to resolve these issues?

@amorph
Try to put your Radon into the slot #7 or slot #5 of the board
I played with an old ATI card before loaded with my NVidia and it worked in the second CPU PCIs (5/7).
When boot, make sure Intel VT-D is disabled in BIOS. Try to boot in the safe mode (-x) first. I can not recall now but I think my ATI card required different kernel flags (or some of them were not necessary).
I'd be interested to know the results. Hope it starts.

I disabled Intel speedstep in BIOS. You could also disable 'auto' and have a hard multiplier on the turning page in BIOS, I did not - don't think it matters. My CPU is 2.1GHz Xeon - it shows up as 1.73 GHz in OS X but judging by the geekbench score it works at 2.1GHz.
It is obviously a bit annoying that it is reported as 1.73GHz but I can leave with it for now. Hope one of the next year updates to OSX will bring proper XeonV2 support.

Thanks to all for the help.

I have got a basic installation. The instruction for the kernel replacement was the key.

Now I'm triing to configure the graphic card. At the moment no luck. We have a PNY GTX 760 GDDDR5 2048mb PCI 3.0 and Radeon HD 5870 1Gb and a a Asus 6600 TD 256mb. With any of these cards, the system don't boot (apple logo lock or gray screen). I have tried diferent options, included changing the slot (in the fith PCI the GC don't show image¿¡??). At the moment I only can run with onboard GC.

This is my system Specs.

- Z9 PE-D8 WS with BIOS 5304 (I try to downgrade but I can't from the bios utility)
- 1 x Intel Xeon E5 2620 V2 with 16gb

Thanks.

If you have only 1 cpu than PCI slots 5, 7 will not work.

Try to install your GTX 760 into slot 1 or 3 and load with
-v npci=0x2000 PCIRooutUID=1

= you should see text output and if you stuck somewhere post the screen/message here

If you have only 1 cpu than PCI slots 5, 7 will not work.

Try to install your GTX 760 into slot 1 or 3 and load with
-v npci=0x2000 PCIRooutUID=1

= you should see text output and if you stuck somewhere post the screen/message here

I have build a lot of hackintosh and I have never had so many problems.

I have test another GC (Ati card) that is now running in another hackintosh (10.8.5) and don't work.

In most cases when a GC is plugged, the system restart automatically or shows nothing on the monitor (black screen).

I have test your boot params with (for me) the most compatible GC (Asus Nvidia 6600 TD), and the system don't boot, but shows the log (in other cases reboot). I can't apreciate any problems. You can see the log in the attachment.

In the same PCI (3) and with same boot params, the 760GTX shows black screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20140109_100504.jpg
    IMG_20140109_100504.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 372
I see your screenshot. As far as I know the difference bw 5/7 lines and 1/3 lines is that 1/3 does speed negotiation with the device.
Unfortunately don't have any recommendation as to what do next. The easiest of course if you get a second CPU and install the GC into 5/7 slots but that involves spending cash.
Let me know if you find a way to make it work in a single CPU config.

EDIT: Onboard VGA works!

Hi Gennady,

maybe you can help me. I lost my VGA onboard cable and need to boot with a Nvidia GFX card. Is this possible anyways?

OSX is loading. Tested:

• FX3800 -> broken Picture
• GTX770 -> broken Picture
• GTX285 -> broken Picture

The picture looks like this:

Thx for your help...
doc

Last edited by a moderator:
I see your screenshot. As far as I know the difference bw 5/7 lines and 1/3 lines is that 1/3 does speed negotiation with the device.
Unfortunately don't have any recommendation as to what do next. The easiest of course if you get a second CPU and install the GC into 5/7 slots but that involves spending cash.
Let me know if you find a way to make it work in a single CPU config.

Has you get the system boot ok with two Xenon V2 and a Nvidia card???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back