MSI GTX760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody,

I am posting because I am a bit desperate. I can't boot the computer from my HDD. I've read numerous post from drnoodle, Gennady77, salcazar and others. It helped me a bit but I am still blocked. Let me explain, here are the component of my building:

CPU: E5-2688W ES 8x3,1 Ghz -> BIOS 5304
Mainboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 WS dual Socket 2011
Grafics: GTX 760 4GB from MSI -> SLOT 5
RAM: G.Skill RipJaws Z Series 32 Go (4 x 8 Go) DDR3 2133 MHz CL11
Harddrive OSX:500 GB SSD Samsung Evo
Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i 80PLUS Platinum, 1200W

I've get access to the installation program with the following boot flags: 'npci=0x2000 PCIRooutUID=1'

I have succeed to install the Mac OS X (10.9.1) => Maverick.

But when I restart the computer . I am still in from the grey screen with the apple and then nothing. Or, I am in front of a black screen.

If anyone have been in the same situation, :

• What is the correct configuration of the BIOS? I've only change the AHCI Mode and force the Memory speed at 1600.
  • Which boot flags am I supposed to get access to the USB Flash and to the inernal HDD with Maverick?
  • Which exact kext or DSDT should I use to make sure that I won't have any problem for future booting?

Well, that's all for the moment but I know that's a huge question. I am know that I am almost asking a guide manual for installing a Hackintosh but I'm stuck for more than 3 days now and I am loosing my nerves.

So, thanks in advance for any kind of advise.

Cheers,

Try putting the GTX 760 in the 1st PCIe slot closest to the CPU and boot
with GraphicsEnabler=No Have you been able to run Multibeast and install
Chimera ?

Hi trs96,

Thanks for the reply and advise but unfortunately, it doesn't work. I am still in front the grey screen with the apple then the black screen.

I couldn't to run Multibeast and install Chimera. I was just able to install Maverick (Step 4 of the Unibeast-Maverick guidance) then I am stuck with the black screen at the booting from the internal HDD.

Hi trs96,

Thanks for the reply and advise but unfortunately, it doesn't work. I am still in front the grey screen with the apple then the black screen.

I couldn't to run Multibeast and install Chimera. I was just able to install Maverick (Step 4 of the Unibeast-Maverick guidance) then I am stuck with the black screen at the booting from the internal HDD.

I've got no previous experience with an Asus dual Xeon build. Your best chance at success is
to try and get some guidance from those Tonymacx86 members that have gotten one running.
These builds are not for beginners or those that need a working build asap. So don't give up,
it can work but just takes a lot more effort than your standard socket 1150 build that you'll
see examples of in the Buyer's Guide.

OK. Thanks for the nice message. I will follow your advice.

Cheers

OK. Thanks for the nice message. I will follow your advice.

Cheers

On a side note: 10.9.2 is only weeks away. That in combination with a 6,1 sys def may
make a difference in how Xeon builds will work. I'd expect that the Z9PE builders will give
that a try and report their results to help others out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back