GTX 970 Strix
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys...

I've just upgraded to the Z97 chipset using a ASUS Sabertooth mark 2 with a 4690k and for the love of god I can't seem to get any audio!

Obviously I've done clean install of Mavericks 10.9.4 from Z77 to Z97 and installed the ALC1150 codec as required for my board and installed the intel 9 series mobo support in MultiBeast. I'm clearly either doing something wrong or forgetting something, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction or help me out?
I've looked around and it doesn't look like anyone is using this board so it doesn't look great lol....

Thanks in advance I'm starting to pull whats left of my hair out!!!

What works is using a USB type Speaker or Headphones (PS3 Headphones). :)

Hey, I just built a system today on a Z97 Sabertooth Mark I. Was having the same audio problems as you using Multibeast 6.4.0 which I had previously downloaded. I found an updated version, 6.4.1, that is there for download now and after running it and using ALC1150, 9-Series Fix, and EFI Installed Support, I have full sound and headphone awareness. Had to go into 'Sound' in 'System Preferences' and change to 'Internal Speakers' from 'Line-Out', but it works great.

Hope this helps!

Hey, I just built a system today on a Z97 Sabertooth Mark I. Was having the same audio problems as you using Multibeast 6.4.0 which I had previously downloaded. I found an updated version, 6.4.1, that is there for download now and after running it and using ALC1150, 9-Series Fix, and EFI Installed Support, I have full sound and headphone awareness. Had to go into 'Sound' in 'System Preferences' and change to 'Internal Speakers' from 'Line-Out', but it works great.

Hope this helps!

I managed to get audio using VoodooHDA 2.8.2 out of the green rear port, earphone port works too but I have to manually change in SysPref-Audio kind of annoying but it was only a temporary solution until I work it out.
I'll give your advice a try now, hopefully it goes well...

Thanks for your advice, I really do appreciate it!

Leon.

Well I just discovered that if I plug in headphones it recognizes them, but when they are unplugged it DOES NOT go back to outputting audio through the green jack. No way to get it going again in preferences either.

Even more strange is that when I restarted to fix it, kernel panic. Had to reboot in safe mode and apply the same multi beast audio settings and then it restarted successfully and again, WITH audio. Very strange to me anyway. Need to get some work done so I'm not troubleshooting right now as it is all working again (just don't restart).

I done a clean install and tried what you told me, still no audio and I literally tried everything I know (Granted its limited). I'm either doing something wrong or missing something simple? I lost patience around 3pm and went back to the VoodooHDA 2.7.2.
Unfortunately I can't afford too much downtime with my PC as I need it for work, so testing will be sporadic. I'm guessing Z97 boards using the ALC1150 codec are all having issues judging from what I've read.
That sucks yours it playing up too! I'll have another play around later on tonight, or first thing in the morning to get this done lol

Hey, upon further observation, it turns out that it is just sleep that stops my audio from working. As long as I don't let it sleep, it recognizes plugging-in and unplugging of front headphones just fine.

That's as good as gold for me. I just upgraded from an EVGA x58 board that could never sleep anyway ;-)

Hey, upon further observation, it turns out that it is just sleep that stops my audio from working. As long as I don't let it sleep, it recognizes plugging-in and unplugging of front headphones just fine.

That's as good as gold for me. I just upgraded from an EVGA x58 board that could never sleep anyway ;-)

I'm having similar issues on GA-Z97X-GAMING7 from Gigabyte. Looks like mine struggles after sleep as well. Any suggestions? Should I go down the path of sleep mode fixes, or is this something that will likely be fixed by audio drivers?

Asus Z97 Sabertooth mark 2 audio [fixed]

Hope this helps!

Thanks mate, this method actually work. But I'm not sure whether installing VoodooHDA 2.8.2 helped or not. Cause after installing everything you said above together with Voodoo it still didn't work. Out of frustration i just change my speaker port to line-out (not blue but the black one right above green) and sound instantly worked like a charm ^_^ .

Thanks once again, and happy Hackintoshing

Hey guyz,
i just created my new build with that motherboard ( mark 1 version )
how did you guyz managed to make it work as a hackintosh !? i don't find any succes build with explanation for it.
I don't care about the sound i'll buy a sound card if i need.

Thank's in advance ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back