Contribute
Register

ASUS Z97 Gryphon mATX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a one time deal

Hmm if you update your bios you need to reinstall the thunderbolt card under windows.
(uninstall/reinstall). Then you are back to business as usual.

I just updated to bios version 1202 since it supposedly now support booting from GUID drives and disable MSR CFG lock.
(I could still boot without having "MSR CFG lock" option in the previous bios)

That means no need to convert your drive to MBR partition scheme or having to use your
USB installation stick to boot OSX.

My audio is working perfectly on the gryphon z97 with the series 9 + ac892 quick fix installed via the version 6.4.0 of multi beast. I'm not quite sure what else to say about it, other than I initially tried using voodoohda for the audio, so my applehda kext was deleted before I installed the drivers with multibeast.

Have you managed to get your audio working yet?

I'm still having a few issues with my hack though. It wont wake up from sleep unless it's booted with the -x flag, and occasionally it will freeze (everything on the screen stops moving). It seems like the freezes come after periods of inactivity, though I'm not sure about this. Any thoughts or steps I should take to diagnosing the cause of the freezes? I didn't update the BIOS for my board before my installation, could this be what's causing problems?

My hardware:
Mobo: Gryphon z97
CPU: 4790k
GPU: GTX 770 4gb (zotac)
Ram: 1866mhz Ballistix Sport 16 gb (2x8)
PSU: Corsair 650w
Case: Fractal Define Mini

EDIT:
I updated my BIOS to the latest version (1202) and now my computer sleeps and wakes up! The first time I booted post BIOS my menu bar was grayed out/incorrectly loaded -- I tried to restart my computer from the login screen and it froze.

Since rebooting a couple hours ago, everything has been running fairly well, except for some issues with my keyboard and mouse not receiving power on my first reboot. I noticed that my case USB 2.0 ports had become unplugged on the case side, although the other end was connected to my motherboard. Is it possible that this caused issue with the other ports

UPDATE:
Since I updated my BIOS, Mavericks started booting straight from my hard drive!!:headbang: I was booting it via USB before.

i've been watching this thread and considered this over the z87x ud7 th, but i do have a few questions. does speedstep work? power management? is it stable? has anyone tried UAD sound card with TB with it?

The other day I updated my bios to version 1304 off of the Asus website. I did a clean Mavericks 10.9.4 install. Using my DSDT and SSDT, and selecting Multibeast ALC 892 and Series 9 Motherboard checkbox only, the sound started right up next boot. (After I did the EFI method referenced in an earlier post).

Other than the FakeSMC and Intel ethernet driver, it's basic a vanilla build. The graphics card works OOB, and my wireless card also works natively also w/ Dropbox working etc. I use the Mac Pro Late 2013 smbios in the hopes I will be able to use 4k @ 60hz via DP1.2 when I get some cash.

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist is minimal:
HDAEnabler=Yes
HDEFLayoutID=01000000
Legacy Logo = Yes
Quiet Boot=Yes
SSDT=Yes
UseKernelCache=Yes

The SSDT=Yes is the only thing I put in the file, and placed my SSDT.aml next to my DSDT.aml file in /Extra. Any additional entries Multibeast put in my boot.plist file I removed.

I never put my system to sleep, but I did test it off the Apple icon menu selection. The computer when to sleep -- I came back five minutes after brewing some coffee and hit the space bar and it woke right up.

Sorry if I am a bit vague in my process, but made presumptions that the reader would understand a lot of what I said. Hope it helps someone. I have uploaded a copy of the patched DSDT that I used. An expert may be able to tweak it further, but I had no compile errors after I addressed the issues that MaciASL reported. The dsdt file: View attachment DSDT.aml.zip

The SSDT I used I made /w MaciASL also made for the specific intel chip listed below. View attachment SSDT.aml.zip

I am in no way an expert in any of this. I stumble in the dark figure my way around w/ the genius help of people here, Tonymac crews' excellent work.

Whoops forgot my hardware list:

Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell Quad-Core 3.6GHz

ASUS GRYPHON Z97 LGA 1150 Intel Z97

EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2765-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter

CORSAIR CSM Series CS550M 550W ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

BitFenix Phenom M BFC-PHM-300-WWXKK-RP Arctic White Steel / Plastic MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case

Hi all. This is very close to my new build. I want to get the Gryphon Z97 for the Display Port. Does anybody know whether Yosemite supports it OOB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back