AMD Radeon 6570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I wanted to contribute and thank all you have shared information on helping run Mountain Lion on various hardware configurations.

I have an Asus 78NA-D6 server that I use as an ESXi 5.1 lab. Recently I've been wanting more hardware power for video transcoding and Final Cut Pro X (my old MacMini runs soooo sloooow), so I've been experimenting with running Mountain Lion on ESXi.

I used Donk's Unlocker from InsanelyMac to allow Mountain Lion to install, but I ran into problems with FCPX asking for accelerated graphics. So after reading this site a lot, I was able to passthrough the Radeon HD6570 card to the virtual guest Mountain Lion OS.

I have not done any video editing yet, nor experimented with sound but I am happy the way things are running so far because I can also use my same hardware to run Windows, Linux, or any other OS that will run on ESXi. It was also really easy to do with the right compatible hardware (motherboard supporting VT-d and AMD/ATI video card supported by OSX). I don't know if QE/CI is enabled, but I don't really need it for my application.

My build details can be found here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...eration-in-esxi-51-and-os-x-mountain-lion-vm/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back