Graphics
EVGA GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I builded my computer in november 2013 an since then I've been trying to keep up always having my computer up to date. So I want to share my experience since the change of how audio works. (Before it was a HDAenabler.kext next to the patched AppleHDA.Kext, now I think is a module called HDAEnabler.dylib. in the /Extra folder after chimera was updated to 3.0) My mobo has the asus 8-series issue of not supporting booting GPT on legacy bios, meaning I have to do that EFI trick to make my drive bootable. The thing is, I have to copy and paste the extra folder to the EFI partition, and delete it from the root of the mac. But when I reboot the system, OS doesn't load the EFI partition (or it dismount it after booting, not sure) The thing is that after booting, audio doesn't work. (Don't remember where but I read somewhere that the problem had to do with not seeing the module cause EFI is not mounted) I tried just putting the /Extra/module Folder on the root but it didn't work.

I'm not expert in computers, but I get very creative when resolving an issue. and I'm not sure if this is the correct way to fix it, but I hope I can help developers engage this or help users like me which have the same problem.

Since the HDAEnabler.dylib doesn't work for me. I have to use the HDAEnabler.kext to make it work. So, when I have to use Multibeast, I use the latest version to install bootloaders and all drivers except audio. Usually DSDT Free option works for me (with a few other options for my own setting). After installed, I run again latest version of multibeast, but this time I just select Audio ALC1150 with the Optional EFI partition support. (if you don't select this option, the org.chameleon.Boot.plist will be modified to use the HDAEnabler.dylib) After this, I run Multibeast 6.2.2 and I just check the HDAEnabler.kext. Last but not least, I copy the Extra folder to the EFI partition.

Until now, my computer works great for my needs. Audio, network, and everything else works fine. I don't have imessage or facetime, but since I use OS X for work, I don't mind that. the only annoying thing that I don't know how to solve for good is that sometimes after passing apple boot logo, screens stays blank and you can only see and move the apple rainbow beach ball pointer. (Repairing permission fix this issue temporally) Other than that, it works great.

This is my personal opinion. HDAenable.kext still works for me. so for users with the same issue, It would be nice to have the old HDAenabler.kext as an option available in multibeast (maybe along when checking on the Optional EFI Partition option). or having another way to install HDAEnabler.dylib that works after doing the EFI partition trick.

Is this what you're asking for?
bdmesg is a terminal script for the bootoader log. Try DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log.
Attached IOReg shows working audio with the enabler kext. The request is for files that show the problem described in Post #1.

bdmesg is a terminal script for the bootoader log. Try DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log.
Attached IOReg shows working audio with the enabler kext. The request is for files that show the problem described in Post #1.

Hope I got this right.

Attachments

• Bootlog.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 146

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip
    989 bytes · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 11.45.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 11.45.00 PM.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 117

I remember that Chimera 3.0 came out first before it was included in multibeast 6.3 (and later). And when It was announce here, i decide to try it, following exactly that guide. but it didn't work, not sure why. Although I just try the HDEFLayoutID=1, not sure if I have to select ID 2 or 3, but based on the description, and my hardware, I understand is ID 1.

One more thing, This guide is to enable the new audio module manually. Correct me if im wrong but this process is automatic when using Multibeast it to install bootloader and drivers. Either way, I've tried both methods already and they didn't work for me. Do you think is because I'm selecting the wrong ID, and maybe I have to use ID 2 or 3? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Anyway, as soon as I get out of work Im going to try this again tonight. But let me know what you think.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back