Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Have installed Big Sur on an ASUS Z87 (1150) ROG Maximus but can't get the native audio to be recognized. I know it's an 1150 so I'm guessing the address and layout-id are not included in AppleALC.kext or the MB audio is broken. Config.plist and 2 screen shots (opencore debug and ioregistry) attached. Help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Asus Z87 ROG.zip
    276.3 KB · Views: 125
Have installed Big Sur on an ASUS Z87 (1150) ROG Maximus but can't get the native audio to be recognized. I know it's an 1150 so I'm guessing the address and layout-id are not included in AppleALC.kext or the MB audio is broken. Config.plist and 2 screen shots (opencore debug and ioregistry) attached. Help would be appreciated.
you have set audio in 2 places

remove from boot arguments

test all layout id's as per AppleALC wiki

I've got mine working, though I am using OC 0.6.3! In fact, I just got this motherboard today (Maximus VI Extreme) and got Catalina 10.15.7 up-and-running, and just got 11.0.1 working 5 mins ago. Layout ID is 1, though 2 did work after mistakingly typing it instead of 1, On OC the argument is alcid=xxx, and in my case "alcid=1". AppleALC is needed for it to work, and possibly Lilu, but, not sure on that one. If you have time PM me and I'll see if I can help you out. Im going to write a guide soon so be on the lookout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back