Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Asus Maximus Hero VI Z87 | 4770k | EVGA GTX 780 Clover Yosemite OSX 10.10 Installation Guide

Let me preface this by saying I am very new to this stuff and I have this community (and ******) to thank for anything I've done with hackintoshes. This guide is not very extensive, but I wanted to put up some notes for whoever might be going through a similar installation. I initially got my system up and running using this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...aximus-vi-hero-4770k-gtx770-4gb-16bg-ram.html

I was previously running Mavericks 10.9.5, and the upgrade should have been very simple but there were a few hiccups that caused me to reinstall completely (almost 10 times before I finally figured it out, too). If you are already running Clover on Mavericks 10.9.X, just update your Clover installation for 10.10 and you can update through the app store.

My problem came after installing the update, as running Multibeast to get some of the drivers working again was making it impossible to boot the system. After many different attempts and combinations of bootflags and procedures (and Clover versions/installations), this is finally the way that I was able to get the system running.

Step 1 – Make sure your motherboard can boot in UEFI.
- Set the board to “Optimized Defaults” in the exit menu
- Disable Fast Boot
- Unplug all your HDDs (clover will not mess them up if you don’t touch them, but I like to disconnect them for peace of mind)
- Set the sata configuration to AHCI
- Disable CSM
- Set Secure Boot to Other OS rather than Windows
- That should be about it… if anything goes wrong just reset your motherboard to “Optimized Defaults” on the exit page and then you can load back to whatever profile you are using

Step 2 – Follow this guide on installing OSX Yosemite using Clover
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html
- I did not do steps 24 or 25 under step 2

Step 3 – Post Installation: USB 3.0 works, but not much else. I was able to run Multibeast to install the intel Ethernet drivers, the updated fakesmc + plugin + hwmonitor, but that’s all I trusted using multibeast on after it caused some instability after installing before. I am using a USB amp/dac so I did not bother with installing the audio kexts. I have tried installing the ALC1150 kexts but I think we need to install appleHDA or something for this motherboard.

Step 4 – I downloaded the latest Nvidia Webdriver

Step 5 – My Ethernet worked, but it was not allowing me to login to iMessage. After a bit of research I figured out that I had to delete NetworkInterfaces.plist (located /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist) and restart. Upon restart, icloud worked, and imessage gave the customer code error. Calling apple and giving them the customer code fixed the error and everything seems to be working.

Still to do:
- Get motherboard audio working
- Trim Enabled
- Go back to overclock profile (not sure if I can just load up my windows set up or if I have to do everything differently)
- I’m sure I missed a few things, This will be edited extensively as I fine tune everything :)

Hi Dude

Got almost same setup as you just Asus Sabertooth Z87, 4770k + ASUS GTX-770

Installed fine, used Multibeast aswell for the basics... Called Apple today and gave them the cust code, so i guess that will work as well..

Also install Nvidia Web Driver.. did the nvda_drv=1 flag..

Im struggling with the Dock atm. there is no animation in it.. even if i click animation nothing happens and if i move an icon down it does animate but it like stops when i drop the icon.. no idea what that could be..

Did you install TRIM Enabler patch from MultiBeast? How can i check if its installed and running? I got the newest Cindori TRIM Enabler 3.3 for Yosemite but i can't even install it :(

All is working very well in general with Clover much nicer than Chimera i think but also way more advanced to config. If i could only fix my gfx issues that would be super.. anyone else experiencing dif? :oops:

Hi Dude

Got almost same setup as you just Asus Sabertooth Z87, 4770k + ASUS GTX-770

Installed fine, used Multibeast aswell for the basics... Called Apple today and gave them the cust code, so i guess that will work as well..

Also install Nvidia Web Driver.. did the nvda_drv=1 flag..

Im struggling with the Dock atm. there is no animation in it.. even if i click animation nothing happens and if i move an icon down it does animate but it like stops when i drop the icon.. no idea what that could be..

Did you install TRIM Enabler patch from MultiBeast? How can i check if its installed and running? I got the newest Cindori TRIM Enabler 3.3 for Yosemite but i can't even install it :(

All is working very well in general with Clover much nicer than Chimera i think but also way more advanced to config. If i could only fix my gfx issues that would be super.. anyone else experiencing dif? :oops:

I am not sure if you should run that flag or not. I just installed the webdriver and it gave me the option to run Nvidia or OEM OSX drivers.. I would disable that flag and try to enable the driver in your system preferences possibly.

I have not messed with TRIM yet as it was causing my previous installations to fail. I will try to install it once I read more about it on 10.10.

I am not sure if you should run that flag or not. I just installed the webdriver and it gave me the option to run Nvidia or OEM OSX drivers.. I would disable that flag and try to enable the driver in your system preferences possibly.

I have not messed with TRIM yet as it was causing my previous installations to fail. I will try to install it once I read more about it on 10.10.

Cool ill give it a try.. :) thx

Yosemite has changed it's audio output settings. See my post here.

Hey man,

I was wondering if you had any problems when rebooting for the first time. I am having an issue where once I reboot after the installation finishes, booting the USB again doesn't bring up any new options. The only option is the same Install from USB and running that brings me right back to the install section.

Thanks,
JayRy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back