i9-13900KF
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

has anyone tried to install macOS on the z790 Apex Board? Can I use EFI folders for an Asus z790 Maximus Hero as a starting point?

Thanks for any advice

I just did my ASUS ROG Strix Z790-A with the i9-13900K

Use the SSDTTime in Windows to generate your own SSDT patches, and you can probably use my EFI as a starting point...

Use one of the USB2.0 ports to install macOS -- make sure to disable cfg lock in the bios, you may have to turn off the password protection of EFI variables in the BIOS too so you can switch off cfg lock.

I've randomized the smbios info and removed my USBMap.kext as it won't be the same. Remove the ACPI and replace with your own.

Attachments

• EFI-ASUS ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming WiFi.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 94
Thanks. I will try. I have a running system with an ASUS z690 Hero, that hopefully doesn't differ that much.

Use one of the USB2.0 ports to install macOS -- make sure to disable cfg lock in the bios, you may have to turn off the password protection of EFI variables in the BIOS too so you can switch off cfg lock.

Hi, this is interesting. Once you turned off Password Protection of Runtime Variables, what did you do? Thanks

I just did my ASUS ROG Strix Z790-A with the i9-13900K

Use the SSDTTime in Windows to generate your own SSDT patches, and you can probably use my EFI as a starting point...

I've randomized the smbios info and removed my USBMap.kext as it won't be the same. Remove the ACPI and replace with your own.
Hello!
I’ve just ordered the same parts: Asus Rog Strix Z790-A GAMING Wi-Fi D4 + i7 13700kf + Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT.
Could I ask you to share the USBMap.kext as well, please? As now I’m collecting as more ready to use tools as possible to simplify the installation process.
I’d appreciate you for any help.
Cheers!

Back