Intel Core i5 3570k
Graphics
Asus R9 270X
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
so after couple of non-hackintosh years, I decided to try it again.

Even though I read these forums a lot, I still don`t understand lots of things... So my specs are:
Asus Z77-A (A board no one seems to have :( )
Core i5 3570K
ASUS R9 270X

To me, it should be compatible, but I know from my previous attempts (with older HW) that it is never that easy.

I created a USB bootable drive and sucessfully installed Sierra it on a separate HD (Windows is on another one). It seems to be working (no sleep), I installed audio kexts and also 7/8/9 series usb support as several ports were not working.. After restart Ethernet was not working so I installed the 2.2.1 realtek and restarted

Now no USB ports work :( Any suggestions here?

And next thing I wanted to ask is this:

I don`t really understand what SSDT, DSDT is and whether I should patch my bios
I tried to read about it here on the forum and no one actually has the same board (only similar ones)..

1)
As far as I know, if I patch my bios with (UEFIPatch) I can use MacOS`s vanilla power management and sleep and wake should work (which I would like to use). It doesn`t seem difficult to patch it with UEFIPatch but I am a newbie and I don`t want to destroy my board.
2) What is a SSDT? I read that it also helps with phases of power management, but does it do the same thing as patching BIOS, what is it good for? Is it difficult to get that file? (if you are a noob)
3) DSDT - I know how it looks and partly what it does, but I read that it is no longer required for UEFI boards. Should I bother with DSDT?

Thank you very much in advance. your help is always appreciated!

I know it has been a while since you posted this but what I have done with that motherboard is with the clover options (settings), go to PCI devices, and make sure to check USB Ownership and USB injection

I know it has been a while since you posted this but what I have done with that motherboard is with the clover options (settings), go to PCI devices, and make sure to check USB Ownership and USB injection

Hi there, I know it has been a while but thanks for the answer! I am seriously thinking about trying OSX on my PC again but I remember I had some issues with the MB. As you seem to be one of the few people having the same board, does hackintosh work for you well enough? Is it worth it to give it another try? I had issues with sleep, usb ports and also some GPU related issues (GPU things should be easy to fix though).

It would be nice to know whether it works for you with Asus Z77-A board. I remember I struggled a lot and read about Bios patching, SSDTs etc.

If you're still in bussiness, could you tell me if it is easy enough to make osx work on this board without any stressfull hacks? Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back