Contribute
Register

Asus Z170 PG, i7 6700K problems: Sleep/Wake, Sensors, no screen input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the Mackintosh world and just managed to install MacOS Sierra on my System using Clover and this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-10-11-6-asus-z170-pro-gaming-i5-6500-760gtx.189372/

My System Specs:

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming using HD530 integrated graphics
Intel i7 6700K
2x8 GB Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz
500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD as boot volume
3TB WD Blue HDD
28" Samsung UHD LED Screen
MOTU PCIe 424 for Sound

After some gentle adjustments everything runs fairly smoothly apart from a flickering in the top left corner which seems to be a known issue with the HD530 graphics. Which is annoying to me is that Sleep/Wake isn't functioning properly. When my Mac goes to sleep i can't get it to wake up again neither with a USB keyboard nor using the Bluetooth keyboard or trackpad. What's odd also is that when I switch my screen off and back on I'm not getting any graphic input. I have to hard reset my system for it to show something on the screen again. Same goes for switching between my 28" screen and my TV - not getting any signal once I unplug the HDMI cable.

Any hints are highly appreciated.

Best wishes

Rob

Any ideas?

Another issue that's been showing up is that from time to time I'm having trouble using my bluetooth trackpad and keyboard as they're suddenly disconnected upon startup. They show up in the bluetooth settings going back and forth between disconnected and connected but I can't use them. I have to remove them, reboot and repair for them to work again.

Hey, I got sleep and wake working in macOS Sierra by doing the following:

Skylake Setup
  • IOAPIC Fix: Add the following patch to config.plist
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
--- Add the following inside the <array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Skylake APIC fix, discovered by Pike R. Alpha</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
wegQD7bw
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAPIC</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
vhcAAACQ
</data>
</dict>​

Clover Configurator
  • Acpi / FixShutdown
  • Acpi / FixHDA
  • Acpi / FixLan
  • Acpi / FixIPIC
  • Acpi / AddDTGP
  • Acpi / NewWay / All except ACST, HDMI
  • Acpi / ReuseFFFF
  • Acpi / SlpSmiAtWake
  • Boot / dart=0
  • Boot / darkwake=8
  • Boot / kext-dev-mode=1
  • Boot / XMPDetection=No
  • SMBIOS / Magic Wand / iMac 17,1

I got a system different from yours, but still a skylake build. I think it's worth a try.

Hi Alexgrozav, i copy yours parameters and fail sleep, reset to wake up :banghead:

Is only thing fail for 100% work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back