Contribute
Register

Asus x99-ws/ipmi very slow/unresponsive interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it helps, but I think on X99 you also need to make sure you have the RTC0 RANGE SSDT configured for your system > https://dortania.github.io/Getting-...hods/ssdt-easy.html#so-what-can-t-ssdttime-do

I have also found this SSDT repository for the Asus X99A II, which should be useful > https://github.com/KGP/X99-System-SSDTs
Dortania guide says I can use a generic one also, same result.
The repository is for Asus X99A II and my Asus X99A II was working 100%. The new one has smetihng different, it need some more digging... Will try when I get home on Sunday evening. Thank you.

SSDT-XOSI because I saw inside RTC ssdt there is Darwin entry so I was thinking it can help. Initially it wasn't there, same result!
"Darwin" is how the OS X kernel identifies itself to ACPI. This allows to present special devices to specific OSes, or to remove certain devices, so you may find calls to _OSI() in SSDT code but that doesn't mean that one has to use SSDT-XOSI.

I made an EFI with OpenCore 0.7.4 release and custom SSDTs (very straightforward) but did not found much while reviewing the config.plist
You had activated ACPI>Delete>Delete CpuPm. Kernel>Quirks>AppleCpuPmCfgLock should not be necessary with 10.11 and above, and you now would need MacPro6,1 SMBIOS to boot anything older than 10.13. Otherwise everything seems fine according to the guide—and you could boot!
iMacPro1,1 is indeed the recommended SMBIOS for Haswell-E. (@Feartech might have missed that your i7-5820K is a Core-X and does need a dev-id fake and an iGPU-less SMBIOS.)
So I'm not sure what the issue is. Just this ACPI patch?

Remember to delete your serials before posting an EFI. (But congratulations on changing the keyboard layout as binary data! For myself, I do it the lazy way and change the entry into a string.)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 43
"Darwin" is how the OS X kernel identifies itself to ACPI. This allows to present special devices to specific OSes, or to remove certain devices, so you may find calls to _OSI() in SSDT code but that doesn't mean that one has to use SSDT-XOSI.
Understood, Thank you!
I made an EFI with OpenCore 0.7.4 release and custom SSDTs (very straightforward) but did not found much while reviewing the config.plist
You had activated ACPI>Delete>Delete CpuPm. Kernel>Quirks>AppleCpuPmCfgLock should not be necessary with 10.11 and above, and you now would need MacPro6,1 SMBIOS to boot anything older than 10.13. Otherwise everything seems fine according to the guide—and you could boot!
iMacPro1,1 is indeed the recommended SMBIOS for Haswell-E. (@Feartech might have missed that your i7-5820K is a Core-X and does need a dev-id fake and an iGPU-less SMBIOS.)
I'm out of my town for work, will try your EFI Sunday evening, thank you!
(But congratulations on changing the keyboard layout as binary data! For myself, I do it the lazy way and change the entry into a string.)
So you know now I'm not alazy man, I just dont know things... :lol:

Remember to delete your serials before posting an EFI. (But congratulations on changing the keyboard layout as binary data! For myself, I do it the lazy way and change the entry into a string.)
Finally tried yesterday night, with your EFI there is no boot partition, only 3 tools. Maybe something in config.plist...

Silly me!:oops:
That's the enhanced security features of OpenCore 0.7.2+ kicking in, especially when trying to boot older OS X versions. Please set UEFI>APFS>MinDate and MinVersion to '-1'; you may also set Misc>Security>SecureBoot to 'Disabled'.

Silly me!:oops:
That's the enhanced security features of OpenCore 0.7.2+ kicking in, especially when trying to boot older OS X versions. Please set UEFI>APFS>MinDate and MinVersion to '-1'; you may also set Misc>Security>SecureBoot to 'Disabled'.
Unfortunately I dont have much time o I tried today. Please see attached pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20211015_150316.jpg
    IMG_20211015_150316.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20211015_150445.jpg
    IMG_20211015_150445.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 33
Unfortunately I dont have much time o I tried today. Please see attached pics.
still waiting for root device

^ is what you want to search for

Problem solved using this guide:

Will receive components on Wendsday!
Thank you guys to all of you for your kind support!

Good to know you overcome the issue!
What was the crucial change?

Good to know you overcome the issue!
What was the crucial change?
My comment is more ironic. I just bought a new mb and cpu, that was the solution. I lost too many days to make it work without success, can waste anymore my time, have many videos to edit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back