Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G Twin Frozr
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First of all. . My apologies for the long winded intro and big thanks to all you guys who bother to explain to us noobs how to do this stuff. ..
After several months (nearly a year in fact) going through the grueling learning curve that is creating a hackintosh I finally have a stable install. I was ready to give up on the constant near misses and 'almost works' when, almost randomly, I finally cracked it following the install in this video...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jOS42OcQLPw (Thanks SN)
I had never used npci=0x3000 and debug=0x14e combination before so I think they were the missing link along with the fact that it's relevant to my motherboard.

So, am I happy. ? Well, yes and no.
I have a dual boot Win 10/Yosemite stable build on a Samsung SM951 SSD with everything I need working ...BUT... Because I'm using Multibeast Chimera as the boot loader I can't load Windows UEFI which I really want to do.
In order to achieve this I've been trying and failing dismally to make Clover my boot loader for months with no success.
I've never got past the Apple logo and dreaded circle with line through it.

So my question is. ..
Does anyone have my type motherboard who is successfully using Clover bootloader and can you please please tell me what flags/kexts and especially what 'customise' and 'configuration' for the plist settings you put into it to make it work?
Here's my system:
Asus X99 Pro usb3.1 (but anyone with Deluxe, A or Pro etc. I'm sure it will work the same)
Intel i7-5820k cpu
Samsung SM951 512Gb SSD 32Gb ram
Gtx 970

Well I hope someone can help.
Thanks.

Download clover from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Do a standard install. This will install Clover in Legacy mode in the root of your SSD.
Proceed from there with your config.plist edits, etc. you need to get it working and booting.

Or run MultiBeast and choose Cover Legacy install.

Install Windows UEFI mode.

Clover legacy mode has no problems booting Win10 UEFI mode. I am typing this from a Clover Legacy Boot on an Asrock X99M Killer build that I have struggled since last fall trying to get past aptiofix errors and "unable to set runtime area" errors trying to boot Clover UEFI.

Heck with it. Boots just fine in Legacy mode and I have a Win10 install on a Samsung 512GB XP941 in the m.2 slot. Makes it a PITA to remove because I have to remove the GTX980 to get to it.

The booting problems are when you have a Clover UEFI OS X boot and want to boot Windows Legacy - Clover will not boot it.

Up to you, but that is what I would do. (And what I did)

Thanks GB. I'll give that a try.

...... although.. If anybody does have one of the asus boards and has had success with Clover uefi install dual boot Windows feel free to let me know. ..I would like to configure Clover uefi if possible. Thanks...:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back