Contribute
Register

Asus x99-Deluxe, Nvidia GTX 1070, I7-5820k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for a reply
If you want responses you must post something meaningful, it is impossible to diagnose "-> Error".

After reinstalling the USB with Nvidia injected
Injecting Nvidia is wrong for a GTX 1070.

I applied the following bootflags:
-V
npci=0x2000
cpus=1
nv_disble=1
-V is meaningless, it should be -v.
cpus=1 should not be necessary.
nv_disble=1 is wrong, it should be nv_disable=1 until you have installed the OS and the web drivers.

regular OsxAptpFixDrv Errors
Use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.
Make sure that you remove any OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix-64.

Can someone please give me a hint whats going on here
Nothing wrong in your image - It looks normal.

Hey P1lgrim,

Sorry for my insufficient answer. I was getting a bit desperate as I was working two days straight on this, trying multiple guides and overall failing a lot but i guess thats the name of the game. Thank you for replying again.

If you want responses you must post something meaningful, it is impossible to diagnose "-> Error".
Fair enough. I should have written that the previous mentioned error still persisted.

Injecting Nvidia is wrong for a GTX 1070.
I don't even know anymore why i started doing that. Like i said, i was digging through quite a lot of posts and must have picked it up somewhere :crazy:

-V is meaningless, it should be -v.
cpus=1 should not be necessary.
nv_disble=1 is wrong, it should be nv_disable=1 until you have installed the OS and the web drivers.
Sorry again for providing you with insuffiecient informations here
the Verbose -V was -v
I will remove the cpus=1
nv_disble=1 was nv_disable=1

Make sure that you remove any OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix-64.
I did replace the OsxAptioFixDrv with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

I am setting up a new USB right now and will follow the Quoted post by dMatik and replace the OsxAptioFixDrv with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi as suggested by you. I will let you know how it goes.
Here you have my EFI Folder for 10.13 High Sierra (build 17A365). Is for my Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1, Intel I7 5820k OC to 4.4 ghz. Use pike's ssdtprgen.sh to generate ssdt if your cpu have different oc or is stock speed, and clover configurator to generate own serial/mlb. Nvidia released web driveres for 10.13 so I think you may go with 10.13. For me, is fully working including sleep/wake, auto sleep, iCloud, iMessage, everything.

Guys I feel is time to give back to this amazing community, maybe I will help somebody :). (PS: I'm from Romania and I don't speak/write too well in english lol )

My Config:

MB: ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

CPU: INTEL 5820k (Overclocked to 4.3 GHZ at 1.168mv manual voltage)

GPU: ASUS STRIX NVIDIA GTX 980ti

So I am getting the attached error (IMG_8161) when starting up the pc. After 30 seconds i get into the Clover boot menu. When i choose to boot the clover High Sierra installation i got back to the mentioned Error (IMG_8161) and then after 30 seconds got back into the clover menu. I decided to repeat the installation to see where in the v mode I would get the error. this second time I got another Message (IMG_8165).

I did attache my current EFI if thats any help.

Cheers and thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_8161.jpg
    IMG_8161.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8165.jpg
    IMG_8165.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 55
  • EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 76
I am getting the attached error (IMG_8161) when starting up the pc.
That's not an error, just normal output from apfs.efi, replace it with ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi.

In /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ you have OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (despite advice in Post #11) which do the same job and are mutually exclusive.

Suggest reduce your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ to just :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
vboxhfs-64-efi

You have way too many kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other including VirtualSMC.kext and FakeSMC.kext which do the same job and are mutually exclusive, use one or the other but not both.

In your config.plist add npci=0x3000 to your Boot Arguments.

That's not an error, just normal output from apfs.efi, replace it with ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi.

In /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ you have OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (despite advice in Post #11) which do the same job and are mutually exclusive.

Suggest reduce your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ to just :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
vboxhfs-64-efi

You have way too many kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other including VirtualSMC.kext and FakeSMC.kext which do the same job and are mutually exclusive, use one or the other but not both.

In your config.plist add npci=0x3000 to your Boot Arguments.

You are the mvp!

I reduced the Drivers to your recommended

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
vboxhfs-64-efi

When i added npci=0x2000 it worked for me.

I was able to finish the installation. Now if you have a minute I would kindly ask you to help me with the multibeast driver and bootloader selection. I will try to read myself into the right options but if you can give me a link or and advice where to find it that would be great.

Right away I was trying to install the Nvidia WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.128 but got the error that my "Mac OS X Version is not compatible" (Mac OS X version 10.13.6 (17G7024) is required for this update). I do have 17G65 installed as that was the only Version i was able to download was via the High sierra Patcher (http://dosdude1.com/highsierra/)
Do you know if I can use older drivers or should I try to get my hand on a newer High Sierra if so,where can I find it appart from the app store?

Again, thank you for your help an patience

Last edited:
Now if you have a minute I would kindly ask you to help me with the multibeast driver and bootloader selection.
Identify the items that you need drivers for and install them with MultiBeast.
For the bootloader you need Clover UEFI. Or maybe Clover UEFI with emulated NVRAM.
It depends on whether your BIOS has native support for NVRAM or not.

Identify the items that you need drivers for and install them with MultiBeast.
For the bootloader you need Clover UEFI. Or maybe Clover UEFI with emulated NVRAM.
It depends on whether your BIOS has native support for NVRAM or not.

So I installed the WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105 driver but am facing display problems such as: flickering, second monitor not recognised, interface of applications tends to glitch. Is this due to the the driver or might there be another source?

I did also install drivers with multicast as good and follow the mentioned guide by tonymacx86 to determine the NVRAMas I did face some problems upon reboot though. My Usb devices and Monitor were not recognised after the clover boot menu. So I went ahead and mounted the EFI to copy the drivers and kext from my boot usb to my internal efi. With that I was able to boot. I guess this is not ideal so I made a backup of the original EFI file. can I have you thoughts on that?

Thank you and have a nice rest to your day

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8182.jpg
    IMG_8182.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 70
Dependencies :
1. Native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test
2. At least 10.12.4.
3. The correct web drivers matched to the OS build number.
4. No use of nv_disable=1.
5. NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist.
6. May need SIP fully disabled - CsrActiveConfig=0x67.
7. May need latest Lilu.kext and WhatEverGreen.kext.

MacPro6,1 is not appropriate for your hardware.

See also :

Last edited:
1. Native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test
I ran the Terminal test with rebooting and got the reply so assume that my mb supports NVRAM

2. At least 10.12.4.
I am sitting on the 17G65 / 10.13.6 Version

3. The correct web drivers matched to the OS build number.

I Ran the Script (pretty nice) from your Quoted Thread and it confirmed that I installed the right Version

"The latest driver revision is 387.10.10.10.40.105​
387.10.10.10.40.105 is already installed."​

4. No use of nv_disable=1.
The only two bootflags I have right now are dart=0 and npci=0x2000

5. NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist.
I checked the config and it is enabled

6. May need SIP fully disabled - CsrActiveConfig=0x67.​
I did reboot and the Display glitches seem to be gone so this seems to have solved the problem. Alternatively it might be the newer Versions of lily.kext and WhateverGreen.kext that I replaced the older versions with.​
Update: After a couple of Minutes the glitches reappeared :/

7. May need latest Lilu.kext and WhatEverGreen.kext.
I got the Lilu.kext and WhatEverGreen.kext but they were also already in the kext folder.

MacPro6,1 is not appropriate for your hardware.

what alternative would you suggest? Maybe you have a link to a fitting thread. Thank you in advance

Last edited:
what alternative would you suggest?

That's an interesting question as there are no real Macs with an X99 chipset or with Pascal graphics.
The idea is to find a definition that matches your own hardware as closely as possible.
To this end you can use resources such as everymac.com or the free Mactracker app.
Alternatively you can use the forum Search tool to see what others have done with their builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back