Contribute
Register

Asus X99-a II PCIe slot 6 not recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel kind of embarrassed, I found out slot 6 is just dead, I thought I had tested deckling on windows at slot 6, but decided to try it again now and it is not seen either, indicating a hardware issue. The PCI Slot 4@3,0,1 ID I was seeing in system report was of course Radeon's audio output and not the decklink.
I corrected the IDs in my existing Radeon SSDT and got it to be seen properly, so everything is pretty neat now apart from decklink not showing up. I'm gonna try your solution and see how it goes, though I prefer not to disable USB3.1, in case I need it in the future. Don't have any stutter issues either, have worked with a variety of footage ranging from a7s to red, always with 1080p timelines.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 22.23.23.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 22.23.23.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 57
I think that once your other issues are worked out that you will find that slot 6 is not dead, but one of your ssdt's was over writing the wrong address. The SSDT's are very dependent on all of the hardware being in the machine at once. If you remove a card you could cause the addresses to move as the bios re allocates its resources.

You also have a limitation I just noticed from your build info. You are using an i7-6800K. This limits you to 28 PCIE Lanes. You have to add up all of you resources and see if you are maxing out. Video card + Decklink is 20 right there. I on the other hand have a 6900K that gives me 40 Lanes to play with.

You were right about slot 6, it wasn't dead in the end:)
I placed thunderbolt there, moved decklink to slot 4, messed with the IDs for a while, and got everything working and showing up correctly, including usb 3.1. Thanks for the tips!
GPU, Decklink and TB are 24 lanes total, I'm also planning to get an M.2 drive for resolve caching, guess I'll max it out then.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-13 at 01.49.19.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-13 at 01.49.19.png
    112 KB · Views: 36
From the Manual:

I think the m2 is on the chipset, but I am not 100% on that. I could not find a reference to it. Glad the decklink ssdt worked out.

Right now, GPU and TB share the same bandwidth, I don't have anything connected to it but wonder if it will affect the GPU's performance once I do.
I read that the M.2 gets lanes from the CPU, not chipset.
I'm not using the SSDT for the Decklink, it's seen natively now that I switched slots.

What troubles me is that in Resolve, I get 13fps playback on 6k R3Ds at full premium, half premium and half good, both when I use Radeon for compute or not, it's as if the GPU is not utilised at all. In both cases I get 25fps once I switch to quarter good. I posted this already at Reduser but didn't get a reply. I know that this question doesn't belong in this forum but thought I'd ask.

Thanks again.

Right now, GPU and TB share the same bandwidth, I don't have anything connected to it but wonder if it will affect the GPU's performance once I do.
I read that the M.2 gets lanes from the CPU, not chipset.
I'm not using the SSDT for the Decklink, it's seen natively now that I switched slots.

What troubles me is that in Resolve, I get 13fps playback on 6k R3Ds at full premium, half premium and half good, both when I use Radeon for compute or not, it's as if the GPU is not utilised at all. In both cases I get 25fps once I switch to quarter good. I posted this already at Reduser but didn't get a reply. I know that this question doesn't belong in this forum but thought I'd ask.

Thanks again.
I'll check some Red Footage when I get in today. No client sessions so I am being lazy this morning.

Kevin

Hi, can anyone confirm update on 10.14.6 ??

I am trying to update but it is always in END RANDOMSED +++++

I'm also having problems with my firewire PCI card and my UAD FW sound card. For some reason there is an error with the UAD software. Device Code -38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back