Graphics
Nvidia GT780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been struggling to use the maximum performance of this CPU for about a year. Last week I have decided to dedicate my time to solve this once for all. Now I have overclocked this CPU to 4.4Ghz with powermanagement (YES no more 3.3Ghz stuck without TURBO!)

My results in geekbanch4 64bit test is now:

single core: 4925
multi-core: 21769

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/1854284

I have added clover.zip which contains the config.plist (no CPU patches, no kernel patches, no fakeCPU except reboot fix and usb limit from 15 to 30). There are also kexts in CLOVER/Other/

ACPISensors.kext
CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GPUSensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
X99_Injector.kext
XHCI-x99-injector.kext

- Update for 10.12.4 (and possible all others, maybe I forgot this) - you have to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement* kexts from /System/Library/Extensions
- I have deleted ALL custom kexts in /Library/Extensions so everything is injected from CLOVER.
- I have deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /Library/ and every possible places I had as well as FakeSMC and other kexts from earlier installations (I begun on 10.9 so some kexts might interfere or I do not know so I have wiped them all)
- I'm NOT using ssdt.aml pikes generator

Most important is the bios settings:

- Disable Intel speedstep (this is the most important thing)
- Enable turbo boost
- Enable cstate reporting
- Sync all cores - multiplier 44
- CPU core voltage 1.35
- CPU cache voltage 1.35
(be careful I have water cooling so you should make some tests if your cooling is powerful enough to handle this load, you can go lower with the multiplier like 36-40 if unsure without need to overclock voltage which you can leave on auto)
- EVERYTHING ELSE set to AUTO

What did not worked for me:

- When speedstep is enabled and in CLOVER/config.plist FakeCPU was set to 0x040671 I had native xcpm working but the problem was that CPU frequence changing was working like only for some cores and for some not so I had in geekbanch multi-core value only around 8000 (but you should have around 20000)
- I was not able to enable xcpm unless I set FakeCPU to 0x040671 - maybe some other CPU values might work better but I do not care since the management is done through the bios entirely and it looks like it works very good (or I do not know what is managing the CPU frequency anymore...)

Attachments

• clover.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 545
Last edited:
Ok I have updated the info. Any feedback is appreciated

I have updated the doc - I forgot to document that you MUST delete /System/Library/Extensions/ AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement* every time you upgrade your OS otherwise the powermanagement will not work

hi. I don't think that you have a working multi-core system.
i have. 5930k and I'm reaching 25.000 Geekbench 4 scores overclocking to 4.5ghz.
you, with 5820k and 4.4 overclock should be able to reach 24.000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back