EVGA GTX-960 SSC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have been running OSX thanks to Tonymac86 on all my latest PCs, My older 775, and my 3570k setup. Now I am about to tackle my X79 setup which is currently running W8.1, I have had it for about 6 months and just never had time to tackle it. I will be using Mavericks 10.9.4

I am basically looking for others with my setup to see what kind of issues, sound, ethernet etc they ran into.

Im a WoW and Starcraft fanatic, and with the new xpac, Its time to mod the x79

Mine has 32GB Adata 1600 Mhz memory
i7-4820K cpu
500GB Samsung Evo SSD
Seagate 2TB Data Drive
Nvidia GTX 670 (waiting for the newer maxwells to come out)

If anyone has some pointers on this MB setup, it would be a great help.

Running a similar system to yours (MB & GC), and it's been running rock solid for 2 years, the only issue I had was getting sound working, but managed.

No issues with each & every OS update.

Good to hear. You have a better cpu though :oops:

I am hoping this one stays problem free for a while. Everything seems to work ok, except when it sleeps, when I try and wake it, it takes almost a full minute to come back, and sometimes not at all.

Still working on it.

For sound I used the Mulribeast 6.1, worked ok, but had some stuttering in Starcraft II, I download and installed separately using Kext Utility this package attached and it works really good. I am using Bios 4701, the latest I think.

Attachments

• ALC892 noDSDT ML10.8.4.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
So just to confirm/follow up, you got your ivy-bridge 4820 running flawlessly on the sabertooth? I'm planning on making a video editing rig with a heavy influence on sound design, so I was hoping any sound issues have been resolved. How's your rig performing nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back