Contribute
Register

ASUS X555L Yosemite USB 3.0 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB WiFi not recommended. Install supported built-in PCIe card.

See FAQ for details on supported cards...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

If you wish to work on sleep/USB problems, do so without USB WiFi.

But my problem is not with the USB Wifi... it's the USB 3.0 ports that are freezing after machine wakes up from sleep, this problem makes any device that is plugged in to USB 3.0 ports undetectable after the machine wakes up from sleep(no lights or any sign of activity). This freezing USB 3.0 ports problem has been there since the fresh install where I don't even have the USB Wifi yet

But my problem is not with the USB Wifi... it's the USB 3.0 ports that are freezing after machine wakes up from sleep, this problem makes any device that is plugged in to USB 3.0 ports undetectable after the machine wakes up from sleep(no lights or any sign of activity). This freezing USB 3.0 ports problem has been there since the fresh install where I don't even have the USB Wifi yet

Test USB issues without USB WiFi plugged in.

Report back with results using FakePCIID_XCHIMux.

Still no changes without USB Wifi plugged in. After wake Flash drives that are plugged in USB 3.0 ports are freezing, no longer detected in system. But if I move the flash drive to USB 2.0 port it's detected and works just fine

Still no changes without USB Wifi plugged in. After wake Flash drives that are plugged in USB 3.0 ports are freezing, no longer detected in system. But if I move the flash drive to USB 2.0 port it's detected and works just fine

What do you mean by "freezing"? Is that different than what you mean by "not detected"?

Test sleep without devices plugged in (eject during sleep is a common problem even on real macs).

No idea without seeing ioreg.

i have ASUS K555LD laptop. i try many times to install mac. but i failed. how you installed mac on your laptop. pls suggest me.

M-Groups.in

i have ASUS K555LD laptop. i try many times to install mac. but i failed. how you installed mac on your laptop. pls suggest me.

M-Groups.in

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Here's ioreg from fresh installation Yosemite, never used USB Wifi and kext's not installed too

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.7 MB · Views: 178
FakePCIID_XHCIMux is not installed.

Did you patch DSDT per guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Need to experiment with the different "OS Check Fix" patches.

Sometimes need to also make XSEL/ESEL do nothing.

Check USB settings in BIOS also... Usually best with "audio" or "smart auto".

No. But I followed from different thread in this forum which is made by you too I think. I did that OS Check Fix patch still.

I have no idea about XSEL/ESEL...

Attachments

• 2 van’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
No. But I followed from different thread in this forum which is made by you too I think. I did that OS Check Fix patch still.

I have no idea about XSEL/ESEL...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back