Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS x555L
CPU
i5 4210U
Graphics
Intel HD4400 (1366x768)
Hello, I've successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.5 onto my ASUS X555L and managed to get rid of some issues. But there is this one issue I can't seem to find what's causing it to happen.

The problem is with USB 3.0 ports. After my machine wakes up from sleep, the port is freezing and can't be used until I restart my machine. (I'm not using GenericUSB kext, USB 3.0 works fine without it)
USB 2.0 port works fine though.

Anyone can help me address the issue? Thank you very much.

Hello, I've successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.5 onto my ASUS X555L and managed to get rid of some issues. But there is this one issue I can't seem to find what's causing it to happen.

The problem is with USB 3.0 ports. After my machine wakes up from sleep, the port is freezing and can't be used until I restart my machine. (I'm not using GenericUSB kext, USB 3.0 works fine without it)
USB 2.0 port works fine though.

Anyone can help me address the issue? Thank you very much.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

--

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Laptop:
Mobo: ASUS X555L / (Clover)
CPU: i5-4210m
Graphics: NVDIA GT 840M(disabled), HD4400, 1366x768

output:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat -> 
 13    2 0xffffff7f8259e000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu -> nothing
kextstat|grep -y applelpc -> 90    0 0xffffff7f81fc1000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.7.3) <89 12 5 4 3>

Attachments

• van’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 185
  • RehabMan.zip
    49 KB · Views: 61
  • EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 71
Laptop:
Mobo: ASUS X555L / (Clover)
CPU: i5-4210m
Graphics: NVDIA GT 840M(disabled), HD4400, 1366x768

output:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat -> 
 13    2 0xffffff7f8259e000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu -> nothing
kextstat|grep -y applelpc -> 90    0 0xffffff7f81fc1000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.7.3) <89 12 5 4 3>

Test without USB WiFi.

It's the same. It's been like that since the first fresh installation of Yosemite 10.10.5 and I don't even put the USB Wifi kext in Clover or installed it. Sleep works well, only port 3.0 is freezing after wake..

It's the same. It's been like that since the first fresh installation of Yosemite 10.10.5 and I don't even put the USB Wifi kext in Clover or installed it. Sleep works well, only port 3.0 is freezing after wake..

Try with FakePCIID+FakePCIID_XHCIMux.

With XHCIMux kext USB Wifi got powered after sleep, but it causes instant reboot after a few seconds I log in(tried in USB 2.0 and 3.0). Without the kext my machine still works well after wake and no reboots (with or without USB Wifi plugged in)

With XHCIMux kext USB Wifi got powered after sleep, but it causes instant reboot after a few seconds I log in(tried in USB 2.0 and 3.0). Without the kext my machine still works well after wake and no reboots (with or without USB Wifi plugged in)

Test sleep without external devices plugged in. USB WiFi is known to cause instability, especially with sleep.

Sleep works well with or without USB plugged in. It also wakes successfully, but problem like port 3.0 freezing occurs(without XHCIMux installed)
With XHCIMux installed sleep works fine too, and wakes successfully, but as soon as I enter password and logs in to desktop, USB wifi got powered on and machine freezes and reboots instantly

Sleep works well with or without USB plugged in. It also wakes successfully, but problem like port 3.0 freezing occurs(without XHCIMux installed)
With XHCIMux installed sleep works fine too, and wakes successfully, but as soon as I enter password and logs in to desktop, USB wifi got powered on and machine freezes and reboots instantly

USB WiFi not recommended. Install supported built-in PCIe card.

See FAQ for details on supported cards...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

If you wish to work on sleep/USB problems, do so without USB WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back