Motherboard
Asus X550LB
CPU
i5 4200U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Today I decided to take a little break from hackintosh and install Linux on my computer (huge mistake - OS X has won me over). However, I noticed that my trackpad was much more responsive on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) than it was on my hackintosh. OS X was sometimes randomly double clicking, sometimes not clicking at all. Not happening on Linux. The acceleration was much much better on Linux. I know that Macbooks trackpad is billion times better than any other computer, but my trackpad is just plastic garbage. Did anyone else have this kind of experience?

Also I noticed that on OS X, when I click the trackpad, the cursor slightly shakes which irritates me because sometimes it clicks OUT of what I wanted to click. Not happening on Ubuntu.

I guess trackpad on hackintosh needs a lot of configuring to work perfectly.

Last edited:
Today I decided to take a little break from hackintosh and install Linux on my computer (huge mistake - OS X has won me over). However, I noticed that my trackpad was much more responsive on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) than it was on my hackintosh. OS X was sometimes randomly double clicking, sometimes not clicking at all. Not happening on Linux. The acceleration was much much better on Linux. I know that Macbooks trackpad is billion times better than any other computer, but my trackpad is just plastic garbage. Did anyone else have this kind of experience?

Also I noticed that on OS X, when I click the trackpad, the cursor slightly shakes which irritates me because sometimes it clicks OUT of what I wanted to click. Not happening on Ubuntu.

I guess trackpad on hackintosh needs a lot of configuring to work perfectly.

Which trackpad do you have?
Which PS2 drivers did you install?

Note: Will probably move this off-topic post to its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back