Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone from Tonymacx86,

I can't see the forest for the trees anymore so i'd like some help for this.

I am a proud owner of my ASUS x54c-SX292V notebook.
Specs:

i3 2350m
Intel Mobile HM65 chipset
4gb Ram DDR3 1333 ( 1x4gb )
Intel HD Graphics ( HD 3000 )
15.6" LED Display
320GB 7200 RPM HDD
Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
Atheros AR8151 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller
2 USB Ports ( 1x USB2 1x USB3 )

Will a hackintosh run on my notebook?

Greetings,

Kevin

Hello everyone from Tonymacx86,

I can't see the forest for the trees anymore so i'd like some help for this.

I am a proud owner of my ASUS x54c-SX292V notebook.
Specs:

i3 2350m
Intel Mobile HM65 chipset
4gb Ram DDR3 1333 ( 1x4gb )
Intel HD Graphics ( HD 3000 )
15.6" LED Display
320GB 7200 RPM HDD
Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
Atheros AR8151 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller
2 USB Ports ( 1x USB2 1x USB3 )

Will a hackintosh run on my notebook?

Greetings,

Kevin

Yes, it seems like pretty normal Sandy Bridge laptop. I would recommend taking it a step at a time, and avoid a large archive full of (mostly unnecessary kexts).

AR9285 will work with only a DSDT patch (no need for any patched kext)
AR8151 will work with Atheros kext in Multibeast.
HD3000 may work out of box, but can always be optimized with DSDT patches (somewhat depends on the resolution of your screen).
USB3 probably with GenericUSBXHCI.kext
You will need an SSDT for your CPU (you can generate one using the ProBook Installer)
You will want to use MacBookPro8,1 smbios.

As you might have noticed, I prefer doing as much with DSDT as possible as DSDT solutions survive system updates (where kext patching does not).

I also have the Asus X54C that was mentioned above. From what I can tell it looks like an identical hardware set up (Atheros lan and wlan). The installation of Snow Leopard goes without a hitch. Touchpad/keyboard works. My wireless mouse works when I insert the usb recvr into the usb port. Lan and wireless lan aren't detected.
When I try to install install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 update I am forced to restart. Screen darkens, neither touchpad or wireless mouse works. No key combination on the keyboard works. Upon rebooting, it won't go all the way into the OS X gui.
If I try to install Multibeast by itself, it seems to work, it tries to install a realtek lan driver instead of the atheros one. Upon rebooting, touchpad doesn't work, pointer on wireless mouse works but clicking doesn't work. Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Jackie

I also have the Asus X54C that was mentioned above. From what I can tell it looks like an identical hardware set up (Atheros lan and wlan). The installation of Snow Leopard goes without a hitch. Touchpad/keyboard works. My wireless mouse works when I insert the usb recvr into the usb port. Lan and wireless lan aren't detected.
When I try to install install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 update I am forced to restart. Screen darkens, neither touchpad or wireless mouse works. No key combination on the keyboard works. Upon rebooting, it won't go all the way into the OS X gui.
If I try to install Multibeast by itself, it seems to work, it tries to install a realtek lan driver instead of the atheros one. Upon rebooting, touchpad doesn't work, pointer on wireless mouse works but clicking doesn't work. Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Jackie

You need UpdateHelper prior to the 10.6.8 update. You also must be prepared to boot from your HDD after updating to 10.6.8 because iBoot cannot boot 10.6.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back