CPU
i3-5005U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi! I had successfully installed the following kexts: (VoodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler.kext) using terminal and had repair permissions and repair cache and yes, it worked for mine. However, the sound is not that much loud even the sound was at full. Also the headset was always selected on the menu and not the speaker which I needed to select to when I am switching on my device. Any help?

Hi! I had successfully installed the following kexts: (VoodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler.kext) using terminal and had repair permissions and repair cache and yes, it worked for mine. However, the sound is not that much loud even the sound was at full. Also the headset was always selected on the menu and not the speaker which I needed to select to when I am switching on my device. Any help?
you could try:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

I already tried that on the first time I was installing my sound card and it didn't work for me since mine was not supported with AppleHDA Patcher. Also just to add, my sound option was always pre-selecting the headphones (even if my headsets are not connected to the headset port) when I am booting and restarting the system.

I already tried that on the first time I was installing my sound card and it didn't work for me since mine was not supported with AppleHDA Patcher. Also just to add, my sound option was always pre-selecting the headphones (even if my headsets are not connected to the headset port) when I am booting and restarting the system.
you could also look into AppleALC (lilu plugin)

I'd also tried that, but it didn't help me because it was not supported for my device.

I'd also tried that, but it didn't help me because it was not supported for my device.
what is your codec name? ie ALC*** ?

I do have Conexant Smartaudio. I dunno the specific model though I do have this screenshot, it's from my msinfo32 of the same system that I am referring to and before I changed and migrated from Windows to MacOS.

Attachments

• P_20180727_220528.jpg.f5127d9a5e5efc1f3a92db20e76b4765.jpg
    P_20180727_220528.jpg.f5127d9a5e5efc1f3a92db20e76b4765.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 164
Sorry for the late update, it's working much better after I set true on:

<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back