i9-10940X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I noticed that the discussion over this config has been cooled...
@djbuddha you seem to be already jumped in. Can you resume the steps to update our systems to Sonoma?

P.S. I'm on O.C. 0.8.9 and Ventura 13.5.1

Hi,
I noticed that the discussion over this config has been cooled...
@djbuddha you seem to be already jumped in. Can you resume the steps to update our systems to Sonoma?

P.S. I'm on O.C. 0.8.9 and Ventura 13.5.1
updating your version of opencore and kexts would be the first thing you should be doing

updating your version of opencore and kexts would be the first thing you should be doing
Yes, I know, but I asked @djbuddha for an answer because he has a very similar configuration to mine

Yes, I know, but I asked @djbuddha for an answer because he has a very similar configuration to mine
Hey, so here’s what I did.

First, clone your machine to an external
drive. I can’t stress this enough. Either use Carbon Copy Cloner, or do it via disk utility in recovery mode (right click on the target drive you’re backing up to in disk utility and click restore from then choose your Mac drive)

Then obviously boot back into MacOS and copy your EFI folder over.

Now, I did the OCLP method, but to get my wifi back, i used AMFIPass.kext instead of the the string to pass AMFI. This way Dropbox and my Elgato stream deck and everything else continues to work fine.

What @Feartech said above, update your kexts and OC - but before doing any of that, back up the machine first!

It’s been rock solid since I’ve been running it. No complaints here at all. Hope this helps!

Now, I did the OCLP method, but to get my wifi back, i used AMFIPass.kext instead of the the string to pass AMFI. This way Dropbox and my Elgato stream deck and everything else continues to work fine.
@djbuddha I read all about OCLP method, but I didn't understand how I have to proceed.
Summarizing, I'd to:
1) update my current config to the last release of O.C.
2) reboot my machine with the new O.C. config
3) download the full install of Sonoma (14.1)
4) run Sonoma install and complete the installation
5) apply the OCLP ... Here I don't have any clue how to proceed: can you explain me please step by step what I do have to do?

Thank you very much in advance

Any successful builds for Asus x299 prime deluxe with Sonoma ? (Clean Install)

@djbuddha I read all about OCLP method, but I didn't understand how I have to proceed.
Summarizing, I'd to:
1) update my current config to the last release of O.C.
2) reboot my machine with the new O.C. config
3) download the full install of Sonoma (14.1)
4) run Sonoma install and complete the installation
5) apply the OCLP ... Here I don't have any clue how to proceed: can you explain me please step by step what I do have to do?
I have Sonoma up and running with Opencore 0.9.7 on my Asus X299 Sage 10G. Broadcom wifi and bluetooth (Apple 4360) all work flawlessly. I have the modified Alpine Ridge TB3 card installed and it drives an Apple Thunderbolt Display. All TB ports (ethernet, USB, FaceTime HD camera etc...all working perfectly). The only negative is that waking from sleep does not trigger the display and requires a cold boot during which time the display only initializes once Mac OS has loaded.

Here are the steps to using OCLP to get wifi functionality back including Airdrop/Handoff etc.
1. In the config plist under boot args disable AMFI (Apple Mobile File Integrity) by adding the boot arg amfi=0x80 and the kext referred to below.
2. Add the following Kexts: IOSkywalk.kext, FamilyLegacy.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC.kext and AMFIPass.kext. Note these kexts are for the 4260 chipset, you may need different ones depending on your BT/wifi card. Remove any wifi or bluetooth kexts other than these that you were using previously.
3. In NVRAM under Kernel / Delete make an entry for com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily - make sure it's set to True and Exclude. Relax SIP by setting the csr-active-confgi to 03080000 and as per the Opencore guide under Delete add csr-active-config. Under boot arg add amfi=0x80. Reboot.
4. Open OCLP. Click on Post Install and patch. Remember that SIP has been relaxed to allow untrusted kexts / unrestricted filesystem and unauthenticated root ...so will never be as secure as a sealed macOS volume. Partial updates won't work so to update to later versions of Sonoma you'll have to download the full installer which will mean that you'll have to apply the OCL patch again to get wifi back.

One other step...under Misc/Security change the secure boot model to Disabled.

Last edited:
Hi, would you mind sharing your working EFI configuration with us?
I am building my first Hackintosh ever, Sonoma is installed and working now, but no bluetooth, no wifi, and what is most annoying for me no thunderbolt either. I can see TB enumerated in the registry with IORegistryExplorer, also it shows up in SysInfo under PCI as ExpressCard, but under Thunderbolt category it says "no driver loaded".
I have created my own SSDT files (under Windows, where everything is working fine), added the PCI device path to the Thunderbolt device to the bridge SSDT, but it is not booting if I am solely using my created SSDTs. I have to add a couple of shared SSDT files too so that the boot process does not get stuck.
I will look for your recommended kext files to see if they make any difference. But whenever I open OCLP it tells me that there is nothing to patch. Maybe I am using a wrong version?

For Thunderbolt you'll need to generate the ThunderboltACPI using hackinDROM - you'll need to flash your Thunderbolt card following Casey's guide so that it works near natively in your hack. Not sure of the Tb card you're using - mine in a Titan Ridge 2. Note that when flashed the Thunderbolt card won't work properly in Windows - so from a cold boot into Windows it won't drive a Thunderbolt Display, however, I can do a warm boot from MacOs into Windows and the Apple Thunderbolt Display works fine.

I also have a few other tweaks like for example a headless ghost display emulator which allows the system to boot when not using CSM ....if I had CSM enabled in the bios I was unable to restart the hack because the system would stall if there is nothing connected to the mini display port... as the display is technically not connected until Thunderbolt is enabled by MacOS when it loads. It is a pain because on cold boot you're effectively booting blind as the display is not working until MacOS loads.

For OCLP you'll need to make sure you have SIP disabled, the latest version (if you're on Sonoma 14.1.2). Nothing to patch suggests that the kexts for the wifi card are not loaded properly - you need to be able to see the wifi icon illuminated in the menu bar. Note that wifi won't work until the patch is applied.
Hope this helps.

Here is my EFI.

Attachments

• EFI .zip
    15.4 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hi @jaspercat5, thanks for the tips. I haven't heard about hackinDROM, I will take a look. My thunderbolt is built onto the motherboard, and it uses the Titan Ridge (Intel JHL7540) chip. I made it working already by creating a bridge SSDT and using another SSDT that was created for the same chip built onto a Gigabyte board. I only connect one device through it, and it has been very stable since I made it working. I did not need to flash anything, and I guess it would not even be possible with the on board chip.
I understand. I use a modified Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2 Tb card with Apple firmware flashed onto the card.

Open Hackintool and then view system ----> Peripherals what do you see? I attach a screenshot of what I see on my setup. Are you running a Thunderbolt Display?
I think my SIP is disabled, and I have the very latest kexts. I do have wifi icon in my menu bar but I can't turn it on, I have Intel AC 9260 wifi chip on the motherboard. Well, it's an M.2 card hidden under the hood, it would be easy to replace, maybe I will consider it later, for now I am happy with ethernet. It is not a mobile computer anyway.
My Vega 64 seems to be working fine, although when I choose larger text modes it has some weird behaviour, it places a red rectangle around some windows. Otherwise it works just fine, even with 3D games.
Check the status of SIP, open a terminal window and type: csrutil status. I suspect it'll be disabled as you're able to run the patcher.

You could just swap out the card for a native Apple 4360 if you're still having trouble.

WiFi needs to be illuminated in the menu bar AND you need to be able to turn it on, before you run the patcher. I have a native Apple wifi card (Bcrm 4360) so the kexts outlined in my earlier EFI apply to that card. I am not familiar with the intel wifi card but there should be instructions on the Opencore site on which kexts to use.

Re the Vega 64 - I'm not familiar with this card. Is it native to Apple? If so you may not need an SSDT / Kext. How is it connected to your monitor? My RX580 is connected to the Tb card and then the monitor plugs into the Tb card.
Right now the most annoying thing for me is that I can't get any Spatial Audio out of Safari (or any other browser), even if I play audio that has surround channels. Maybe it's a Sonoma issue, not sure.
Hackintool will show the status of your audio connections...see screenshot. What is the source? is sound running off the motherboard or do you use the Vega for sound?
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 09.20.30.png
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 08.50.50.png

Last edited:
Back