Motherboard
ASUS TP510UA-DH71T
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Alright, I have an ASUS TP510UA that I am attempting to hack.

So far, graphics work as UHD620 with it spoofed as Skylake, being that it is an i7-8550U.
I already exchanged the wifi card for a Broadcom and it works except for bluetooth, but that's the least of my concerns.
The keyboard works with the installation of the voodoops2 controller kext.

My main concern is getting the trackpad and touchscreen working, which as of right now they do not. I have done my reading on all guides presented for DSDT patching, and I'm running into a PARSEOP_SCOPE error when attempting to compile after applying the I2C controller patch. I have attached a screen shot of the error and the DSDT.dsl file that I've patched. So far it seems to have an issue only with that particular patch. It didn't error out when I applied the Win 10 patch for I2C provided.

I am using the MaciASL download provided by Rehabman, its the most updated version using the latest version of iasl as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 12.13.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 12.13.38 PM.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 200
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
Hopefully I have attached all of the files that are needed. It's everything minus what I attached in the original post.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • Indigo’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    686 KB · Views: 66
  • RehabMan.zip
    59.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 2.43.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 2.43.16 PM.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 2.54.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 2.54.20 PM.png
    417.7 KB · Views: 172
Hopefully I have attached all of the files that are needed. It's everything minus what I attached in the original post.
Use the 2 kext patches here to make the Apple LPSS kexts not attach to your device:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Cl...7fbe7b1fb5087ee0ae82/config_patches.plist#L34

No need to collect files manually, read about the script below the needed files description in the FAQ :)

You should patch the _CRS method under ETPD (and TPL0 for touchscreen) for GPIO pinning:
https://voodooi2c.github.io/#GPIO Pinning/GPIO Pinning

Alright, I have an ASUS TP510UA that I am attempting to hack.

So far, graphics work as UHD620 with it spoofed as Skylake, being that it is an i7-8550U.
I already exchanged the wifi card for a Broadcom and it works except for bluetooth, but that's the least of my concerns.
The keyboard works with the installation of the voodoops2 controller kext.

My main concern is getting the trackpad and touchscreen working, which as of right now they do not. I have done my reading on all guides presented for DSDT patching, and I'm running into a PARSEOP_SCOPE error when attempting to compile after applying the I2C controller patch. I have attached a screen shot of the error and the DSDT.dsl file that I've patched. So far it seems to have an issue only with that particular patch. It didn't error out when I applied the Win 10 patch for I2C provided.

I am using the MaciASL download provided by Rehabman, its the most updated version using the latest version of iasl as well.

You can clearly see you have a misplaced close brace in your DSDT.dsl (at line 15935).

So I have patched my DSDT correctly, and it compiles with no errors and the .aml is in the correct place. My only issue now is that I can't figure out how to compile the VoodooGPIO kext that is linked in the GPIO pinning guide. I've compiled through installation intructions given on other programs through github, but there are no instructions provided with the kext itself and I'm not exactly certain on how to do the kext properly. I've done a lot of looking today but everything I found was specific to a pieces of software. Otherwise I would be set and ready to test my trackpad.

So I have patched my DSDT correctly, and it compiles with no errors and the .aml is in the correct place. My only issue now is that I can't figure out how to compile the VoodooGPIO kext that is linked in the GPIO pinning guide. I've compiled through installation intructions given on other programs through github, but there are no instructions provided with the kext itself and I'm not exactly certain on how to do the kext properly. I've done a lot of looking today but everything I found was specific to a pieces of software. Otherwise I would be set and ready to test my trackpad.
just download the kext from the releases page on github

I looked there, and there are no releases available for the voodooGPIO kext specifically. I've looked in the VoodooI2C kext folder that I had downloaded, which was available on the releases page of github and it isn't in that folder. Even the forked version voodooGPIO that alexandred provides doesn't even have a release available for download. Hence, my issue. I would have already installed it by now if those were available. It's confusing to me, because VoodooI2C was available on the releases page on github. Maybe I am missing something?

I looked there, and there are no releases available for the voodooGPIO kext specifically. I've looked in the VoodooI2C kext folder that I had downloaded, which was available on the releases page of github and it isn't in that folder. Even the forked version voodooGPIO that alexandred provides doesn't even have a release available for download. Hence, my issue. I would have already installed it by now if those were available. It's confusing to me, because VoodooI2C was available on the releases page on github. Maybe I am missing something?
VoodooGPIO.kext is a plugin of VoodooI2C.kext, and is already included in the release kext.
You can find it in VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooGPIO.kext (No need to move it somewhere else. Just install VoodooI2C with VoodooGPIO inside).

Just like VoodooPS2Controller.kext has plugins for keyboard, trackpad and mouse inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back